“Don't miss this adventure!”

Paddle Sports Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Explore the Santa Barbara waterfront by kayak or stand-up paddleboard. Paddle with dolphins, whales, sea lions, seals, and marine birds. We provide instruction and comfy/quality gear. Our rental rates are the best in town. After the first hour, pay only for the time you spend on the water! Find us next to Brophy's Restaurant and the fish market. Reserve online and SAVE UP TO 40%!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Ventura, California
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Don't miss this adventure!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I signed up for the Santa Cruz Island kayak trip at the last minute as an out of the ordinary Saturday adventure. Everything was first rate: from Courtney taking my reservation to JD and Mike greeting me at the Island Packers dock and telling me what to expect (and where to sit so I wouldn't get seasick) to the pre-kayak briefing, the kayak instruction. Matt ( "Ketchikan") led a great tour (Caves & Coves), giving us information about island wildlife, geology and kayaking skills. Kayaking through the caves was AWESOME. He always made sure the caves we entered were safe, and gave enough directions so that even though I might have been a little uneasy entering the cave, I felt a rush and sense of accomplishment when I came out the other side. HIGHLY recommend kayaking with CIO.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank LwindVta

Crested Butte Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Whales, kayaks, caves and birds.”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Wonderfull day trip to Santa Cruz.
Hour long boat ride to the island is on a large comfortable boat which went out its way to show us whales and dolphins while getting to he island. The kayaking was amazing, exploring caves, seeing seals and sea lions just feet from your kayak, perigrne falcons up close, birds everywhere, crystal clear water allowing you to look at the underwater world from the kayak.
This trip was the highlight of our California vacation.

Visited February 2014
Indio, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing experience.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I went on the full day sea caves and kayaks tour and had a great time. Our guide Chuck was awesome and was very knowledgeable about the caves and islands. Would definitely recommend and can't wait to go sea cave kayaking again. What a great experience. Thanks for helping make our anniversary weekend something we will always remember.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank bhjibben
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bucket list trip, seriously.”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Start to finish, class organization, bucket list trip, seriously. Chuck and Mike were THE most knowledgable guides; kayaking, first aid, the island, all things of the natural world. Channel Island had all the needed gear including items you may have forgotten, like bungles for your eye glasses! Amazing adventure, truly.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank O4Q2
Fremont, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A chance to see the 95th longest cave in the world!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I signed up for the long kayaking tour on a drop-in basis just after we got our tickets on the Island Packers ferry to Santa Cruz Island (Scorpion Cove). Since Dave could accommodate us, we signed up. We were part of a group of 6 led by Dave. After going over the basics and making sure everybody was comfortably and safely dressed (wetsuit, windbreaker, PFD, helmet), we set off. Dave was a fantastic guide -- he had some great pointers on how to improve kayaking; gave everybody tips on what they had to do to make it through the caves; and added some interesting nuggets on local ecology. We had such a wonderful time that we signed up our kids and my sister for the next day's "half-day" tour. My sister, who had never donned a wetsuit, and never kayaked, had the time of her life. Since the four of them were in one group with Dave, they got a custom tour -- complete with two daredevils capsizing and righting their boats. I would definitely recommend Channel Island Outfitters and would use them again.

Food can be purchased on the Island Packers ferry; restrooms on the island; storage of valuables and clothes in Channel Island Outfitters locked boxes on island.

Visited December 2013