“Kayaking and backpacking”

Paddle Sports Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Explore the Santa Barbara waterfront by kayak or stand-up paddleboard. Paddle with dolphins, whales, sea lions, seals, and marine birds. We provide instruction and comfy/quality gear. Our rental rates are the best in town. After the first hour, pay only for the time you spend on the water! Find us next to Brophy's Restaurant and the fish market. Reserve online and SAVE UP TO 40%!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kayaking and backpacking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The entire team at CIO is fantastic. I have booked a customized, week-long kayaking and backpacking trip for a large group for the past three years. I could not be more pleased with the ease of communicating with them in advance of the trip, the logistical planning they do leading up to the event, and the quality of the experience. Clay, Garrett, Joey, and Kaia led my group of 18 people (adults and teenagers) through a fantastic day of kayaking, an AMAZING multi-day backcountry hike across the spine of Santa Cruz island, and a four-day backpacking loop in the Los Padres National Forest. Their planning is meticulous, their loaner gear is in great shape, and they are great people to have around the campfire or cooking stove. Whether you have four hours or ten days to spend in this part of the world, you will not regret booking your adventure with CIO.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Brendan O

Irvine, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We took the ferry and the kayaking tour. The booking was easy to do, timing was excellent and the Kayaking Lead, JD & his colleague, was very friendly and did an excellent job of showing us everything. I highly recommend them.

Visited March 2013
Moorpark, California
“AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Words cant accurately describe my experience with this company. I truly had the worst customer nightmare issues ever, and each step of the way, the worked with me! I had to cancel part of my trip and then change my trip 3 times due to family emergencies and they were not only professional but courteous, caring and sympathetic to my situations. Clay helped make the worse 2 weeks of my life a little more bearable!! I would recommend this company to EVERYONE and ANYONE who wants to experience the great outdoors!! They truly care about their customers and that makes the BIG difference in any experience!! THANK YOU GUYS! I look forward to coming out in the near future and experiencing everything you offer!!

....Shantel

Visited January 2013
San Jose, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing experience.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

It was really great experience and something different... both of guides were really nice. Overall worth going second time with outfitters but on other kayaking tour ;) maybe Annacapa Island.

Visited November 2012
Syracuse, New York
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Loads of Fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

This excursion is more fun than I have had in years. The boat ride out is a great way to start. Lots of things to see including sea lions and dolphins following us out.
The cave kayaking is such a great time. Our guides were very good and checked everything out before we were allowed to go in, as the tide was going out and some still did not have the appropriate water level to go in. They taught us about the marine life and the surrounding birds and were always checking to make sure we were all ok.
It is a three hour tour and can get tiring. We had four girls that called it quits ahead of the three hours and they have two guides so that one can take them back and it doesn't hold the rest of the group up.
I would recommend this excursion to anyone that is in reasonably good shape and I would do it again if I travel out that way.

Visited October 2012