“Kept going back”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bay Roadhouse Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Bay Roadhouse Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Pretty good food :) (search on Google, and you will find it, or just use the URL I gave ...)
Newport, United Kingdom
“Kept going back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed in Santa Barbara with my son for a few days recently after doing a cross America tour. We walked up and down the main part of State St. to find a good drink and eathouse. Saw this one and went back to it. Loved the feel of the place and the food was excellent. Also the beer was really good (I got to like that Firestone 805 ale on my trip).

So that was day 1 - returned on day 2 and day 3. for other delicious options e.g. the pulled pork burger was so tasty.

The only thing I would mark down on is that although the majority of staff are really good, one or two of them were a bit off the mark. E.g one brought a plate of mussels to the table that we hadn't ordered - he insisted that it was the table he had been told - well not by us. Like it was our fault! Also, and this does annoy me, mains arrive about 5 mins after the starters even though I make a point of not letting that happen. Fast service doesn't equal good service necessarily.

Anyway enough of that - I did and would still go back.

Many thanks.

• Visited June 2013

Encinitas, California
“Best Fish Tacos Down by the Bay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have eaten several times at this historic local hangout and are never disappointed. The menu has many good selections, but the blacken fish tacos are our favorite. The wine list is also very extensive. The service is never disappointing with inside and outside seating. It is always one of our planned stops when we visit Santa Barbara.

• Visited May 2013
Ruislip, United Kingdom
“nice and chilled few hours with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

we stopped here initially just for a drink,bottle of wine for 2 and a starter but the buzz of the place and atmosphere and good service kept us here for 2 = 3 hours, in the patio drinking wine on a sunny sunday late afternoon in santa Barbara what more could you want. steak salad with avocado was lovely, hubby had burger and we enjoyed 2 bottles of wine in the end, very good service friendly guests around us who were up for a bit of a chat about their travels.

would recommend popping in

• Visited May 2013
Ayr, Scotland
“Surprisingly good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We went for an eveing meal here. It seems to be more for local guys having a beer, not many customers were eating, so it meant the atmosphere wasnt very good.

But the big surprise for us was just how good the food was. I had a fantastic steak which was only about $15.

Service was good, but as I said it wasnt busy, so we benefited from that!

Would recommend the food, just a pity that it doesnt get more custom. Maybe it was just the time year tho.

• Visited April 2013
London
“Delicious food and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Four of us ate here while staying one night in Santa Barbara. I had the baseball steak which was delicious - perfectly cooked exactly how I had asked for it, no fat and a great flavour. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful, and all of us enjoyed the food and the atmosphere inside the restaurant. We would definitely recommend this place.

Visited April 2013