“Awesome Wine Tour”

Santa Barbara Backroads Wine Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: See the wineries of the Santa Ynez Valley aboard a fleet of comfortable H-1 Hummers. Tours are offered daily from Santa Barbara hotels and include wine tasting fees, lunch and a complimentary wine glass.We are consistently recommended as the BEST WINE TOUR in Santa Barbara for several years by concierge, visitors center and locals alike.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was one of the greatest experiences I've had in CA. My husband and I just moved here in July, and we such a great time on this wine tour. Mike picked us up, and took us to 4 amazing wineries. Lunch was delicious. Then the last stop was a bar nestled in the mountains with live music. Both my husband and I will do this again! I would give this 10 stars if I could!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"jacket"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our tour was excellent! We never once felt intimidated about wine knowledge from the guide or servers at the various wineries. Mike is a great tour guide and very personable. Pickup from our hotel was prompt. While the selection of wineries was fantastic, the real selling point for me was the views you experienced en route to the wineries and especially on the return. Mike was also helpful in selecting some restaurants and bars to go to after the tour. Highly recommended!

1  Thank RichardHartley88
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our trip was a wonderful one! Intimate group...only one other couple, but so much fun! We
relaxed, sipped wine, ate a wonderful sandwich, and laughed with great folks!
All in all, well worth it. Loved the open air rig, and not having to make any decisions or drive!!!
Great tour guide!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have been on these tours twice... 2 years ago on the Afternoon Tour and last Saturday on the All Day Tour. The guides (including Dave) and reservations people are so nice and caring, and want to be sure that you see wineries which you will enjoy and learn, as well as meet other nice people all day. We had fun groups on both tours... the Hummer ride was a fun experience... and the lunch sandwiches with the All Day Tours are great. I saw different wineries on each trip, and the Cold Spring Tavern is a not-miss. Last Saturday was 110 degrees, and Dave made sure we always had water and kept well-hydrated. He knows a lot about wine also, so was very helpful in recommendations and history of the various wineries and the Santa Barbara area in general. We even went to his Italian restaurant recommendation (Bucatini) for dinner that night!