“Better than a limo!!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cloud Climbers Jeep Tours

Cloud Climbers Jeep Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Celebrating 17 years, Cloud Climbers’ Back-Country Wine Tour is the original and best wine tasting experience in Santa Barbara & the Santa Ynez Valley. Driver-guided, custom tours in open-air 7-passenger Jeeps. Amazing scenery, back-roads, wine tasting at 4 unique wineries and a picnic lunch included. Door-to-door service. Sunset, Mountain, Horseback-riding combination tours also available. Departs daily.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Westlake Village, California
“Better than a limo!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

This was a gift I gave someone that he gave back to me and he doesn't know what he missed out on!!!!!! My boyfriend and I met other people that were great to spend time with and we had a great day! It was't as stuffy as traveling in a limo and that's what i like!!!!!!! Friends that i have told said they want to go next time!

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Casual wine tour that rocks.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

This wine tour was fun, enjoyable and very informative. Our guide, Jason, seemed to be extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the local vineyards, wineries and the Santa Barbara wine culture in general in a way that added depth to our wine tour experience without the element of arrogance. This is NOT your grandmother's wine tour, be prepared for a rougher than usual ride through the canyon, but views from the open air jeep were worth the ride. Lunch is simple, yet delicious. If you ever thought about taking a wine tour, but were afraid it may be slightly boring ~ try this tour.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Day of Wine Tasting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

Our day of wine tasting with Cloud Climbers was wonderful! I did the trip with my Mom and Grandmother and we loved the open air jeep drive through the wine country. Our driver did a great job of taking us to places based on our wine preferences (white wines). And we loved that the stops were tailored to us. I loved the tour as an alternative to the closed in limo and with only 5 people total it was more intimate and less crowded than the larger bus tours.

I would warn others that the drive up and down the mountain on the way to the vineyards was pretty bumpy. My 75 year old Grandmother didn't enjoy that portion very much, so I probably wouldn't reccommend it to the elderly, or people with back problems. The other warning is that the drive on the freeways is quite windy, so if you have long hair make sure to bring something to tie it back with and a comb or brush.

Denver, CO
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An Amazing Wine Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

My husband and I spent our one year anniversary with Cloud Climbers. Scott was our tour guide. We got picked up and dropped off at our hotel. Scott was prompt and friendly. He was very knowledgably about the area and really laid back since our group was as well. He was really great!

Scott picked some great wineries for us to visit based on what the group liked. It got pretty warm so he took the top off the Jeep and it was so fun to have the open air drive in the country. Our favorite stop was in Los Olivos. The Carhart’s and Sarloos tasting rooms were the best! The Sarloos joint was a neat place as they had cupcake pairings, but unfortunately they only have cupcakes from Thurs- Sun and since we went on a Monday we missed out. But the wine was really good. We even decided to go back on our own during the weekend to try the cupcakes and wine pairings. The cupcakes were delicious! It worked great for our own little side trip since we had a car and were staying in Solvang. We would have never even had gone if it weren’t for the tour.

Our lunch from Paninos was delicious! My hubby is really picky so it was great for him to able to customize his lunch. They had so many options. I love the Curried Chicken, it so good!

I highly recommend this tour! I shopped around for a while, and I am so glad we picked these guys. They matched our style to a tee. I would do this tour again and again, and would suggest others to use them as well. A perfect day! I was just sad it had to end.

Thanks so much! We will be back!

Sincerely, BB Denver, CO

Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing Wine Tour!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

Cloud Climbers was awesome. Having been on several wine tours in Sonoma and Napa Valley, I can say this one was the best I have been on. It was great to be in the open-air jeep. The views were incredible on our way to the valley from Santa Barbara, and the jeep made us feel like we were on a safari.

You can pick with wineries you want to go to and I recommend doing this so you are sure to get the scene you are looking for. I was on a bachelorette and we enjoyed the smaller more intimate venues of Los Olivos.

We even had a wine and cupcake pairing which was incredible. The best cupcakes any of us had ever tasted, in fact the bride-to-be is now going to have in lieu of a wedding cake!

The whole day was very enjoyable and intimate and just all around perfect. Our guide was very friendly and attentive to what we were looking for in the tour, in fact he was the one who made the call to go for the cupcakes.

I will definitely be using cloud climbers again.