“The tour was worth it. We had so much fun.”

Cloud Climbers Jeep Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Celebrating 17 years, Cloud Climbers’ Back-Country Wine Tour is the original and best wine tasting experience in Santa Barbara & the Santa Ynez Valley. Driver-guided, custom tours in open-air 7-passenger Jeeps. Amazing scenery, back-roads, wine tasting at 4 unique wineries and a picnic lunch included. Door-to-door service. Sunset, Mountain, Horseback-riding combination tours also available. Departs daily.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Our tour guide Ian was very informative, we have learned so much! This could be a great one day outing.

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"grapes"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed May 26, 2010

The BF and I went to SB for a weekend getaway. Yelped wine tasting tour and CC Jeeps came up. Booked online and crossed our fingers.
- This is not an ordinary "classy" wine tour (not that I've ever been in on a limo tour, but I'm just saying), it's rough and rugged ... just how I like it!
- Door to door service a plus, guide was very knowledgable about all things wine and nature, which was cool. We visted 4 wineries. Bridlewood was my favorite.
- Rode up with 2 other couples who we met for the first time. When we had our picnic from Panino (Los Olivos, Yelp it) @ The Lincourt Estate, we all pitched in for 2 bottles of wine and shared it among the 6 of us (not that we needed extra wine that day) ... but turned out well, we had good conversations and it was good times.
- Oh and like mentioned in other reviews ... it gets pretty chilly sitting in the back of an open jeep (blankets are provided) ... but you still need to dress accordingly.

I would do this tour again that's how much I enjoyed it.

Reviewed May 14, 2010

We spent a day with CC Jeep tours.
From making the initial bookings (I would suggest calling, as I never heard back from an email inquiry) to the tour itself - CC Jeep tours were good to deal with. One the phone they made sure we understood what they offered and they worked to get information about our group to make sure our day was going to go well.

The tour was GREAT. Our guide was friendly, chatty and polite. The tour off road was excellent and three out of the four tastings we had were excellent. Lunch was very good and the jeep was a great was to see the area.

I would certainly suggest while in the Santa Barbara area to strongly consider a CC Jeep tour. I felt it was a very good value for what we got to experience.

Reviewed May 7, 2010

We were collected at our hotel in the morning, not only on time but a little earlier (we were ready and raring to go) by a delightful driver. He was friendly, funny and knowledgeable about the area. We were also fortunate to be in the company of four lovely fellow wine tasters - the whole day was a delight. The scenery, the wines, the lunch we were served, the company, the driver, the villages we visited - all absolutely perfect.
Do not miss a tour of the wineries and wine tasting rooms with Cloud Climbers!

1  Thank IrisDenmark
See more reviews
Reviewed May 4, 2010

Our guide was knowledgeable, accommodating and HILARIOUS! The back country tour was the perfect way to experience wine country. Each boutique winery had it's own distinct charm and special varietals which added to the sampling experience. The open jeep, snaking through bumpy back roads and paved twisty roads added to the adventure of it all. This was definitely the way to go. Being out "in the thick of it all" was a much richer experience than a tour bus/shuttle/limo. And the door to door service was unbeatable!!! If you are prone to motion sickness, take your Dramamine. And if you don't like the heat, don't go on a hot day. Otherwise, enjoy! I'd go again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Another2Cents