“What a view!”

Boathouse at Hendry's Beach
Ranked #9 of 536 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are not a dog friendly establishment, though located near a dog friendly beach.
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went for brunch on Boxing Day and enjoyed the glorious views of the beach. It was extremely crowded and parking was a challenge, but we were able to get a table promptly since we had called ahead. The food was so-so. I had a grilled shrimp quesadilla, my fiance a shrimp louis salad, my sister-in-law had eggs benedict, and my brother was happy about his banana pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon. The reason to go here is for the views, not the food. Keep it simple ordering and enjoy looking at the ocean.

1  Thank DC98101
There are newer reviews for Boathouse at Hendry's Beach

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We went for a late lunch and were lucky to get a table right away. Very good and inventive cocktail menu and OK food - gringo-style Mexican food, good salads and burgers. Go for the view, enjoy a beverage and a nibble but look elsewhere for a gourmet experience. The patio is great in good weather if you can get a seat.

Sunset is a really popular time to be there so plan ahead to go around the parking lot to find a space and then get a seat in time.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

3 friends & I went to Santa Barbara for my birthday. My son in law recommended the restaurant and we made reservations. It was 78 degrees on the beach and we had a wonderful lunch. My sister said they had the best fish & chips she's ever eaten. I think having a Mai Tai might have influenced her opinion.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We went there for lunch on a beautiful, warm, sunny day. We enjoyed the view of the ocean as well as some sunbathers and people playing on the beach. The dishes sounded great but were just okay. Lots of fish, as you would expect. I had the fish tacos that had all the right stuff but they weren't very tasty. Others in the party had fresh oysters on the half shell, again good, not great. I would go there again because of the location.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I went here for the 1st time and discovered a hidden gem in SB. The only business in this area off of Las Positas and Cliff Drive. It is right on the beach with a nice bar area for viewing sports, etc and plenty of outside and inside seating.
The hostesses and waitresses all seem friendly and outgoing. The breakfast food all 4 of us had was delicious and plentiful. Great windows along the restaurant with an ocean view from anywhere in the restaurant.
I had the Santa Barbara omelette with bacon/cheese/avocado and diced potatoes with onions. We also had Chilaquiles a tasty spicey favorite.
You HAVE to try this out! Tough parking on some weekends, but worth the walk!