“I May Like Other Restaurants--This is the Only One I Really NEED”
Review of Backyard Bowls

Backyard Bowls
Ranked #77 of 548 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 1, 2014

After a lifetime of struggling with my weight, I've finally found a restaurant with a menu I love and that doesn't make me feel guilty about indulging. Every bowl is a treasure of berries, bananas, granola and whatever else in each recipe--always just the right balance of sweet and crunchy. Service is usually fast and ALWAYS pleasant. I like that they never seem shorthanded, with plenty of hard-working, friendly kids who seem to enjoy their work--and are plenty good at it. I've always left a tip on my credit card and now they know my voice when I call in my order (I advise calling about 10 minutes in advance for best results). My only complaint: they should have these places in every city and every neighborhood. I've never found anything like it ANYWHERE.

1  Thank Tom D

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Backyard Bowls provides super delicious and filling food. They have fresh, quality ingredients on their menu. The bowls are great for breakfast and will give you loads of energy for the day!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I read another review on this site about Backyard Bowls for breakfast, so my husband, daughter and I decided to give it a try when we visited Santa Barbara for the weekend. I can't recall exactly what we had, but they all included various mixtures of grains, fruit, acai, nuts, etc., and were very satisfying (in a healthy, fiber-ful way), great tasting and filling -- we went for a hike later and the bowls kept us sustained and energized. Everything is mixed up in a blender. You order at the counter and wait for them to call your name or number.

We got there just in time -- the yoga crowd and a nutrition-minded cop showed up afterward. The only thing I'd stay away from was a bottled ginger ale I tried from the cooler -- it had a weird taste and some slimy stuff sloshing around. Also not sure why it's called "Backyard Bowls," and when I first drove by, I wondered if it was a nursery. Not that that's a bad thing.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Ate there every morning for three days. Marvelous! Who knew quinoa could be a warm breakfast food like oatmeal. Affordable too. Loved it! All ingredients so fresh and beautiful

2  Thank Martin F
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Backyard Bowls is hands down my favorite breakfast spur in Santa Barbara. The bowls are so tasty and simply made with the freshest ingredients. I have never had anything here I don't like. Favorite breakfast bowl is the quinoia bowl with honey.

1  Thank Kasi_Mark