The most peaceful, luxurious, relaxing stay at a hotel I've ever experienced.
I can't speak highly enough of the relaxing, peaceful, lush stay at this cozy discrete oceanside hotel.
Winding pathways brush through palm-dotted pacific gardens on this spanish-styled hacienda estate. Low buildings, with red-tiled rooves. A small swimming pool is surrounded by bushes to increase the privacy and avoid placing the pool as the center of attention between the guest room buildings. The lobby is a soaring 2-stories, like the grand hall of an old building. The guestrooms were filled with layers of the softest linens I have known, with views onto the gardens and ocean beyond. Very romantic and charming.
The staff was the most remarkable. As I walked across the property, the immaculately white-dressed young staff would frequently call me by name! "Good morning, Mr. Clooney" (names changed to protect the famously innocent, but I certainly felt like George Clooney). At one point, I had to insist that if they were going to freak me out by knowing my name after never having spoken to each other, then they should call me by my first name and not "Mr. Clooney". Particularly considering they were only a couple years younger than I, in their early 20s.
I got out on their tennis courts for a great match of tennis amongst friends. Rented a surfboard from in town and brought it back to Butterfly Beach, in front of the hotel, for a little shoulder exercise. (no waves)
We never enjoyed the restaurant, as we opted for dining in town.
The breakfast in bed was simply incredible, world class, including a newspaper, slippers, robe, paper, and just wonderful living.
I will go back there one day... just need to keep saving those pennies in the piggy bank. It doesn't come cheap.
This Four Seasons did teach me the value of paying more for a luxury hotel experience. It has defined the standard for me ever since, and nothing has yet passed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just steps from one of the most beautiful beaches in California, with private bungalows and terraces that overlook the Pacific Ocean and Channel Islands. Set amongst 22-acres of lush jungle and tranquil gardens, Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara defines luxury living and service on the American Riviera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Amex, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
- Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara
- Four Seasons Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Four Seasons