“Just what I Expected.. and more!”

Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My fiance and I visited this property in celebration of our engagement. We had been planning this trip (I didn't know I was getting proposed to at the time) and we were looking for a 5 star vacation, without having to fly this year. I have always wanted to stay at the Biltmore and I am so glad we did! The resort is so private and so immaculate. The grounds are gorgeous and well manicured. The fitness center and pool are fantastic - although I wish the pool was ocean front like at the Surf & Sand in Laguna - but this resort isn't beach front, so that's to be expected.

I know the resort is a bit older and I was expecting the rooms to be a little dated. I was so wrong. They are classic and elegant - but it never felt like the decor was outdated. All of the furniture was clean and well kept, the bed was heavenly and the staff was excellent. The Four Seasons takes a lot of pride in their properties and it shows. No details are overlooked and I couldn't have been happier to celebrate our engagement at this location.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danielleb314
Write a ReviewReviews (2,199)

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Went to this hotel for a meeting in January 2014. This is an hacienda type of hotel with great charm in a marvelous location. Right in front of the hotel, accross a small street you will find a great beach with good waves for surfers. The rooms are not as great as some rooms in other luxury hotel but the location compensate for this. Make sure you take one of their bike to go downtown and you ABSOLUTELY have to go to their sport club and use their olympic size pool. I woke up early each morning to see the sun rise while a was swimming.

Pricy but so worth it!

Room Tip: get a room with a viiew of the ocean!!! garden side is also fine!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Loved this hotel. Stunning in every respect. Unbeatable service. We were lucky enough to get the pass to use the beach club which was amazing. It had the most enormous pool, with luxurious sun loungers looking out to sea. We were waited on hand and foot. We also hired bikes from the hotel and cycled in to town. Lovely ride along the coast but it was a little scarey with my son on his bike as we got in to town as it gets busy on the roads. Great shopping in the town and lovely restaurants too. All in all a perfect stay in a gorgeous and indulgent hotel.

Room Tip: Room with a patio overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed at the Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara for our 30th wedding anniversary.
What a beautiful place; lush grounds, friendly staff, wonderful food, perfect location! The property lends itself to a a very relaxing, quiet atmosphere. The decor of the resort is Spanish Colonial and beautifully appointed. The cost to stay is on the pricey side, but well worth every penny! Food was wonderful as well!! Will definitely stay again...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I have stayed at Four Seasons properties around the world - this is my least favorite of all. It's not a total loss by any means, but they lose major points for breaking the cardinal rule when it comes to hospitality and customer service--managing expectations. This is actually my second (and last) stay at the property - so I already knew about the situation with paying an extra fee to access the pool they advertise on their website. This time I booked an upgraded room that included access to this property (The Coral Casino) in it's rate. For $1000 a night (plus tax) we were placed in a beautiful room - with one big problem. It was ON a parking lot - and not just any parking lot - one with a constant stream of trucks loading and unloading, honking, staff chatting, etc. We were actually in Santa Barbara on business and the noise was so loud I had to end a telephone call with a client because they couldn't hear me over the noise. After a few hours in this room, I called the front desk, and the staff was kind enough to offer us a different room away from the parking lot. The new room had a bigger bathroom and a bigger closet - but no fireplace, which would have been nice to use at night. Also, as I came to find out, the room was close to the train tracks. I've read about the train issue on TripAdvisor before- and thought ...how bad could it really be? A train sounds kind of charming, right? NO. Every three hours, including twice in the middle of the night, our room SHOOK like a 4.0 earthquake. This is not acceptable for the price we paid AND because there is zero language on the website, or in any of the 4S marketing materials, alerting me to this issue. I'd also like to add that the breakfast was nothing special - not bad per se, but certainly not up to par with the other Four Seasons properties - more like a Marriott breakfast (although I will say the setting for the breakfast is beautiful). One final issue with the hotel was that you should be aware of before booking is that there is zero service for Verizon Wireless. Their wi-fi also went down for about 12 hours while we were there. Since we were there on business this was a big problem for us. Luckily we got a signal over at the Coral Casino.
On a positive note I will say that the hotel is in a good location if you need to access the town of Montecito. It's also right off the 101 which makes it easy to find and easy to get to/from LA. The beds are great, the property is well kept, the staff is kind, and the Coral Casino (if you can get past the price tag) is excellent. We had a wonderful dinner at Tides and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
6  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed July 13, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 13, 2014

From the moment we arrived at the property we knew we were in for a treat. The grounds of this hotel are absolutely beautiful not to mention being right across from the beach. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. Our bags actually arrived at our room before we did. We were greeted with a lovely bottle of wine in our beautiful casita. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple