Okay, so I may be a little biased towards the hotel as my fiancee asked me to marry him here, but in all honestly it is an amazing gem!
We stayed here in May of 2011 for a four day trip to Santa Barbara after spending three days in San Francisco. From the moment we arrived, I knew it was going to be a special trip.
The hotel itself is beautiful, very class 'Old Santa Barbara.' The decor was so neat and it was just breathtaking. The hotel has rooms in the 'main part' but also have individual guest cottages. We were upgraded to one of these. I later found out it was because my boyfriend at the time had written the hotel, telling them he was planning on asking me to marry him. The Biltmore went above and beyond with upgrading us to the cottage but then also letting him know that any thing he wanted to make the proposal extra special, they would certainly assist. In the end, he did not add any of those bells & whistles, which is exactly how I preferred it.
The restaurants within the hotel were delicious - well made drinks and good food. Yes, it is expensive but it is a Four Seasons. We ate at the main restaurant overlooking the water one night and they had 50% off all bottles of wine which was nice.
The pool on the grounds is small but the set up is quite nice. We were there during the week, so it was not as crowded as a weekend may have been.
The spa was wonderful. I had a manicure by a lovely technician. The relaxation room and other parts of the spa were on the smaller side but it was still very relaxing.
Another plus of this hotel is access to the Coral Casino Beach Club which is literally across the street. This presents another pool option as well as additional dining choices. We hung out here one day and it was fun.
I would highly recommend anyone to stay here. It was a magical trip - for many reasons but the Four Seasons service is on par here. I can't wait to go back and celebrate our anniversary some day :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just steps from one of the most beautiful beaches in California, with private bungalows and terraces that overlook the Pacific Ocean and Channel Islands. Set amongst 22-acres of lush jungle and tranquil gardens, Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara defines luxury living and service on the American Riviera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
- Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara
- Four Seasons Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Four Seasons