“Growth!”

Santa Barbara Adventure Company
More attraction details
Owner description: The Santa Barbara Adventure Company is the premier adventure travel outfitter on the central coast. We offer Santa Barbara kayaking & Channel Islands kayaking, surf lessons, wine country tours by van or bike, mountain biking, rock climbing and team building programs. Our knowledgeable and friendly guides offer exceptional service and share with you a side of the Santa Barbara area few visitors ever get to experience.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was part of a group of wounded warriors that utilized your company to take us surfing, paddle boarding, and sea kayaking. The guides were amazing! Patient, knowledgable, friendly, and willing to earn our trust. These guys adapted to our given injuries and found a way to make it happen, without pressure or frustration. The special part for Me was the kayaking. It was outside my comfort zone and I struggle with my confidence and fear since Iraq. Laird helped me regain that. He challenged me and took me into caves that I would have never imagined I could do. He was so knowledgable about the Eco system and really everything. I trusted what he was telling me to do in order to make it through the cave. I don't really trust anyone, so that was HUGE! Truly an amazing week. For me, though, that day of kayaking was truly I day of growth and a step to healing. Thank you,truly.

Joe Qualls, US Army

1  Thank Joe Q
Write a ReviewReviews (1,364)
All reviews
"sea life"
in 41 reviews
"kelp beds"

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Went on this tour for the fourth of July and it was wonderful! Very doable for beginners with no experience. Fun and educational. Tour guides were friendly, patient, fun...all around great! I have no complaints. This definitely worth your buck!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Havah was our instructor super nice and really good at guiding. It was a great way to get out in nature and you get to see a lot of wild life and enjoy the ocean. Truly recommend if your in the area!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

What a day. Huge thanks to the owner Mike. He made a giant effort to accommodate some last minute members of our group so they could join us. I really appreciate the extra mile Mike and his staff went. The Channel Islands were unbelievable. Our guides were amazing as well. Especially Havah! She took extra special care of our group and went out of her way to make sure we had fun. 5 stars - looking forward to another trip with SB adventure company.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Last week we went camping on Santa Cruz Island. We handn't planned on kayaking but we decided to only when we got over there and luckily SB Adventure Co. had room for us on. We had a great time on our whole trip of course because SC Island is a stunningly beautiful place, but no doubt the highlight of the trip was out kayak adventure with our guide Landon. It was so incredible to visit all those caves and see all the marine life and just be on the water. Landon was remarkably experienced and patient and did a fabulous job teaching up how to explore caves in kayaks and was wonderful with our two young daughters (ages 7 & 9). He helped calm their (and my) nerves and was great in giving them kayaking tips. He was also incredibly knowledgable about the island and its current and historical ecology. I learned so much in the three hours that we were with him and he was so patient with my and my daughter's many incessant follow-up questions and he always had a great answer--as an academic myself, I was highly impressed with his vast topical knowledge and his pedagogical skills in communicating them.

But perhaps the best part of the experience was how great Landon and your other employee camping out there (Christina) were when the tour was over. We would see them all over the campground and the beach and they were still so sweet and friendly to our family and especially our two girls--always patient with them and chatting and joking with them. They were so generous with their time and so kind to let us borrow wetsuits to snorkel as well, it truly enhanced our experienced and the spirit of the place of us. Your company clearly establishes excellent values in your employees (or at the very least selects your employees well!). We will definitely be back to the Channel Islands and the Gold Coast and when we do we will be sure to plan another adventure trip with your company.