Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Lovewater Surf School tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Lovewater Surf School
All reviews semi private lesson group lesson riding waves hour lesson ucsb campus learn how wet suits great teacher skill level an amazing experience an absolute blast learning how two hours a lot of fun bucket list the santa barbara area these guys
Selected filters
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Three of us booked a group lesson on the UCSB campus point beach. We were all first timers but Matt gave us a quick run down on what to do and we were in the water catching waves in no time at all. The boards and wet suits were perfect for us and we had a really great time thanks to Matt. Definitely recommended!

Thanks again Matt!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed October 3, 2018

I looked up surf lessons online as part of a multi-day road trip I was doing with a buddy. Flying in from out of country, it was a toss-up as to who to pick, so I went with the easiest to understand web page. :)

We had an amazing instructor who was not only personable and extremely engaging, but an expert in teaching limited skilled people how to do some real surfing. I've done lessons with OTHER instructors before, and so I feel I can give a little bit of context to why Lovewater is so great:

First, Lovewater wants you to surf and have a great time. The instructor will ensure you get out into the best conditions (whitewater, or very small waves - nothing crazy or dangerous), so you can do just that.

Second, Lovewater provides insight into what a surfer is looking for in the water/waves. I got thorough explanations as to what constituted a good wave, when I should be paddling, and when I should be standing. Every time I stood and fell, I got an explanation as to what I did wrong, and felt more confident in my next attempt.

My buddy and I did the semi-private lessons, with just the two of us. It was such an amazing experience. Thank you again for the great time, Lovewater!

Reviewed September 26, 2018

From the middle of the Continent where there was no surfing growing up. I always wanted try. Finally, a trip to California....Gotta surf...Got in touch with Matt. He was excellent at choosing the right beach and the right time to fit into my schedule....Met Austin at Mondo's beach....GAME ON...got the basics...got coaching through the whole lesson...got up a couple of times....thrilling... Shaka sign!!! Bucket list check!

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

We had an excellent surf lession with Matt.
Quick introduction on the beach and a lot of time practicing in the water and on the waves. Great fun! Highly recommendable!

Reviewed August 30, 2018

My wife and I booked a lesson on short notice while we were in Santa Barbara and had such a great time we booked another lesson the next day with the kids. Both were terrific - Matt was very accommodating with the short notice scheduling and the lessons were top notch for beginners. Also gave us some great tips on other things to do in Santa Barbara - don't miss Lizard's Mouth! Thanks again Matt.

Date of experience: July 2018