Nice hotel, with good location - about 1 block from beach and 5 minute drive / 15 minute walk from downtown. Rooms were clean, quiet, generally well-appointed, with a decor that is somewhat grandmotherly (very floral). Breakfast in the lobby was included in the room rate - it was adequate - the main draw is the entertainment and local info provided by the breakfast lady. It would be nice if the breakfast options were more healthy (e.g., fresh fruit and granola instead of flavoured oatmeals and processed pastries). The hottub was very nice in February and pool area looked nice. The property is well-maintained - nice grounds/landscaping.
There is a bicycle rental place a few blocks away - great for touring the area.
Free wi-fi, but we found that it only worked within about 15 feet of the lobby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient location, casual comfort and caring staff make this cozy inn the quintessential hub of your Santa Barbara visit. Continental breakfast, pool, spa, afternoon cookies, Wi-Fi and more awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Franciscan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franciscan Hotel Santa Barbara
- Franciscan Hotel Santa Barbara
- The Franciscan Inn
- Franciscan Inn Santa Barbara Ca