“August vacation”
Review of Franciscan Inn

Franciscan Inn
Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great location! One or two blocks off the beach and a short 2 block walk from State Street and Stearns Wharf. Beautiful neighborhood to walk through and enjoy the architecture. Close to restaurants. So convenient for those who prefer not to drive. The staff is so friendly, too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ccroth53
There are newer reviews for Franciscan Inn

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My friend and I traveled to Santa Barbara today to attend a memorial service for a dear friend. We frantically searched for the park where we were to be, to no good end. Finally, in frustration, I parked and entered the lobby of this cozy hotel. The sign said "Sorry" (no vacancy). I went to the front desk, and explained that I was lost. The very busy, but helpful young man found the spot on his computer, and then said "Oh, yes....this is the small park owned by the local Santa Ynez tribe". Yes! This was it....

I also saw the breakfast that was being lovingly served by another staff member, and I was HOOKED!!!

When we plan our next overnight stay in Santa Barbara, I will be contacting this hotel FIRST! Friendliness and helpfulness above and beyond!!!! Thank you!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank kmarq55
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I just stayed there one night but loved the cleanliness, the Santa Barbara inspired décor, and the amazing breakfast. I couldn't believe all the pastry offerings like I was at a country bed and breakfast. It's also just a 1/2 block to the beach and main shopping areas.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank CherylB854
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Clean, comfortable, and airy, 2 blocks from the beach (far enough from the beach traffic to be quiet). Great, accommodating staff who radiated quiet amusement at their own struggle through the transition to a new computerized booking system. The location provides great walking access to the State Street heart-of-town to the east while also providing great walking access to the quieter harbor and West Beach areas. It feels like a sanctuary from the usual hustle-bustle of traveling.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Phil B
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in January while I was checking out a PhD program at UCSB. We had one of the suites, complete with kitchenette. It was very clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated. The bed was extremely comfortable and the shower had great water pressure. We arrived late after visiting some family near LA, but the office staff was very accommodating and helped us get settled. Each morning, there was a full-service continental breakfast in the lobby. It was a short walk to the oceanfront and there were a number of bars and restaurants nearby. It was a slightly longer walk (just over a mile) to a really good sushi restaurant (Sushi Teri). My wife used the hot tub while I was in meetings and enjoyed it thoroughly. The program I was visiting picked up the tab, so I can't speak to the value of the room, but I will definitely recommend it to friends and family when they come for a visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank scottandwendi
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Hotel for one night on our way from cambria to LA on the Fiesta Festival and the Hotel was great! Good location, nice and clean room very good service in the front desk everything was fun!! Nice choice!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here in July. We had the room right next door to the pool and ice machine. Our room did not have smelly carpets. It was perfect. I have no complaints in any way about this Inn.
A little bit of info you are 3 blocks (10min) from the nearest convinience (beer and wine) store.
1 block from the beach.
It is set in a quite bit of town.
As other reviews have mentioned Cookies, you can smell them on the way in, you can smell them as they bake mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I could not fault the place.

Room Tip: get the one next to the pool or any one on that block
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple