I needed rooms with lots of restrictions-ground floor, near the ocean, refrigerators, a private place for folks to congregate. I found it all at the Franciscan Inn, a small facility one block off East Beach and in walking distance to the pier, as well as State Street. We got one room for folks who like separate beds and the ability to divide rooms. Another with burners to heat up food, and two couches for family rendezvous. Each of these rooms (and there were other variations on the themes) cost less than a double room at the Holiday Inn Express at the east end of State Street. The decor might not be to everyone's taste (a bit floral), but the location and level of info/accommodation offered by the staff cannot be beat. Also available--coffee, tea etc. from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., REALLY good just baked cookies at 3:00 p.m., adequate cold breakfast items, a pool and jacuzzi. Good for old folks, good for kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient location, casual comfort and caring staff make this cozy inn the quintessential hub of your Santa Barbara visit. Continental breakfast, pool, spa, afternoon cookies, Wi-Fi and more awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Franciscan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franciscan Hotel Santa Barbara
- Franciscan Hotel Santa Barbara
- The Franciscan Inn
- Franciscan Inn Santa Barbara Ca