We love to stay in older motor court style motels that have been updated and are well cared for. This one certainly fits our liking. It was built in 1941 and has been extensively renovated and is very well cared for. Location is great with an easy walk from the train station. Close to the beach as well as an easy walk to downtown shops and restaurants. Rooms are smaller by modern standards, but are not the cookie cutter style so prevalent today. The room was very clean, bed was comfortable, amazing large shower with dual heads, flat screen TV, good high speed internet, and decent continental breakfast. The only complaint is the coffee, both in the room and at breakfast. It is weak and has a bitter taste. Other than that though, we really liked this place and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned since 1976, Marina Beach Motel is located in the heart of Santa Barbara's harbor, wharf, and beach district. At only 37 steps from the beach, Marina Beach Motel is the ideal spot for couples, families and the occasional lone traveler to immerse themselves in the beauty and leisure of Santa Barbara. At Marina Beach Motel, we understand the importance of providing excellent amenities at an affordable price. We focus our efforts on catering to the needs of the customer while striving for a high level of satisfaction, making us one of the best places to stay in Santa Barbara. Our dedicated, family-owned business promises to become one of your favorite vacation spots in California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Marina Beach Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Beach Hotel Santa Barbara
- Marina Beach Santa Barbara