Located on a side street less than a block from the beach, the Marina Beach Motel is absolutely clean and neat as a motel can be. The property and grounds are well manicured with pavers and flowers.
We went as a group of six couples traveling up the coast on motorcycles for Thanksgiving weekend.
The rooms are generally spacious, typical of a motel of this vintage and have been renovated and modernized. Our unit, #28 had a nice kitchenette that we used mostly as a secondary sink since the bathroom was so tiny. There was no tub which is fine but the shower was so small that when I turned around to rinse my hair and back my nose was less than an inch from the other side of the shower. I'm not a big guy at 5'11 178 pounds. Others in our group reported the same shower situation but some did have a bigger shower. If you're a big person you should ask upfront since based on the tile count the shower was only 28x28 inches.
Also, there was no remote for the flat screen TV and the remote the desk clerk cheerfully brought to us didn't work with the TV. We're not big TV watchers so it was a minor inconvenience.
The deal killer for us was that the bed and bedding was like it was stuffed with cardboard and the pillows were about the same. We didn't expect the Ritz Carlton beds but they went cheap on the mattresses and it shows.
Lastly, the carpets are cheap, old and worn. This is $5 a yard stuff which is fine, but they need to replace it more frequently.
I hate to bag on this charming little place but with such charm it is a shame to see them miss the easy bits. The showers they can't change but they cut corners on the bedding and carpeting and that means we won't be back until they do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned since 1976, Marina Beach Motel is located in the heart of Santa Barbara's harbor, wharf, and beach district. At only 37 steps from the beach, Marina Beach Motel is the ideal spot for couples, families and the occasional lone traveler to immerse themselves in the beauty and leisure of Santa Barbara. At Marina Beach Motel, we understand the importance of providing excellent amenities at an affordable price. We focus our efforts on catering to the needs of the customer while striving for a high level of satisfaction, making us one of the best places to stay in Santa Barbara. Our dedicated, family-owned business promises to become one of your favorite vacation spots in California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Marina Beach Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Beach Hotel Santa Barbara
- Marina Beach Santa Barbara