1,742 results
All reviews across the street ocean view street parking fire pit east beach state street zoo sb california wharf barbara santa bike
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Would not spend this kind of money for a dirty old hotel...
The air conditioner fan never shuts off, grout in the bathroom is black, bedding is old, and room smells musty..the hotel is a maze not user friendly. The only good thing is location. Will never stay again and we are Hyatt passport members.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Craig F, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Thank you for your review and for choosing the Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara. Thank you as well for being a loyal World of Hyatt Guest. I appreciate hearing your specific honest views on our property. I have certainly noted the mentioned issue with the A/C unit and the grout and I am happy to report that the unit has since been replaced and the tile re-grouted. We are also excited to announce that our property will be undergoing a full renovation in the near future. We greatly appreciate your business and hope you will return again in the future to see our improvements.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Good location, but very shabby inside. We were given (possibly) the worst room in the hotel, with a grotty balcony and a smelly kitchen ventilation chimney that ran all night. In fairness we were given a better room the second night in one of the out buildings which had a nicer view and was much quieter. The pool area is nice, but thats about it.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your candid review. I’m sorry to hear of the disappointments you experienced during your stay. I’m pleased to share with you that our property will be completing a full renovation within the next 18 months. We greatly appreciate your business and hope you will return again in the future to see our improvements.

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

The hotel has a great location, rooms are fine and big...but...they need to work on the generel cleaning...the place is dirty, they dont vacuum the rooms and we found several fleas in the room and woke up one morning with several fleas bite.

I really dont understand why management dont value the meaning of a clean room

The house keeping spend less than 5 min cleaning the room, the reception area is dirty..even the computer mouse on the computeres in the reception was extremely dirty....

I would not go there again

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank clausthansen

Thank you for your review and for choosing the Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara. I’m sorry to hear of your disappointment in our property, especially our cleanliness, which is a main focus of our team here and one that we take pride in. I was particularly disturbed about the concern of possible fleas you mentioned. We were able to identify your room and had the room inspected as well as the entire building by a professional company and thankfully we found no such insects. We do understand, however, being in our beachfront environment some insects may enter through an open window or door. I am happy to report that our property is scheduled for a full renovation within the next 18 month period. We greatly appreciate your business and we hope you will again return in the future post renovation for a much better overall experience.

Reviewed July 21, 2018

I found this as a Hyatt location to be really lacking compared to all the other Hyatt locations I've traveled to in the last year. I am a Hyatt Globalist and felt like the staff is nice but the building itself here and the rooms to be really worn down and old. It felt kind of dingy to be here, and I can't believe on my second night staying here I was eaten alive by mosquitos in this room. The windows I had stayed in have no screens and when I got to the room at night, it had a window open and mosquitos got in. We were using magazines to try to kill the bugs. There were spiders too. The room rates are way too high for this kind of room.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank Elizabeth K

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. Most importantly thank you for being a loyal World of Hyatt Guest and a Globalist. Please accept my sincere apologies for your guestroom not meeting your expectations, specifically the problem with insects. Our property is frequently treated for the many insects that can be found in our environment. I have sent you a private message so that I can inspect this room personally and ensure the screen is replaced. We are happy to report that our property is scheduled for a full renovation within the next 18 month period. We greatly appreciate your business and we hope you will again return in the future to see our improvements.

Reviewed July 21, 2018

We attended a family memorial service and gatherings in close proximity to the hotel. Also we walked along the main streets to the downtown area for dining, shopping, and people-watching (probably four miles one way).

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for your review and for choosing the Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara. It is a great pleasure to hear of your experience with us! We truly appreciate your business and hope you will return in the future for another exceptional stay.