“Meh.”

Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara
Ranked #40 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Hyatt Santa Barbara while on a business trip. I'm glad that I didn't pay for the room as it was overpriced for just an ok room. Make sure to ask for a room with a view of the ocean. There is a beach across the street which would have made for a nice view, but I was given a basic king bed room with a view of a wall. (These rooms were included in the block that my organization reserved).

Like other travelers have reported, the rooms are outdated, and the air conditioning unit is loud. However, the property is nicely detailed with Spanish architecture throughout, the bed is comfortable and the shower is nice. The staff is pleasant, but I had to ask for my room to be cleaned several times.

Overall, this hotel isn't horrible; it's just meh. If I came back on my own dime, I wouldn't stay here.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Hell. Thank you very much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your bed and the shower along with our Spanish Architecture throughout the hotel, thank you very much for your mention. I will share your comments with our Director of Housekeeping so that the necessary improvements are made in an effort to serve you better next time you visit us. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to share your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future as the valued guest that you are. Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Down South for a family / Business event and was suprised with the location!! a great spot ! Unhappy to have a knock on the door at 8:15am looking to clean the room? really. Food is good in the Bistro but where is it? When your in the lobby the signs are bad and when we arrived at the Bistro the waiter took forever to get to the table and did not bring the whole order and we had to remind him two times. The Bistro is under staffed. Food above average service poor.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Greetings. Thank you very much for sharing your review. I have shared your valuable feedback with the managers responsible for the areas mentioned so that the proper improvement takes place. I truly hope you give us another chance next time your travels bring you back to Santa Barbara. Thank you as well for your kind feedback related to the quality of food, I have shared it with our Chef, we both appreciate it. I look forward to welcoming you back soon! Best Regards,

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Overall a nice hotel in a excellent location, I however was disappointed in the lack of acknowledgment for my Platinum membership. Rooms could be updated a little but they are not bad at all. I will stay there again and hope my status is recognized next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Greetings. Thank you very much for your review. I am truly sorry we did not acknowledge your Platinum Status with Gold Passport during your most recent visit to our hotel. I have shared your kind review with the members of the management team responsible so that more emphasis is put in this very important area. Thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future. I sincerely appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and to our brand. Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Cute little hotel with wonderful amenities. The queen queen bed configuration is great for families. The staff was eager to serve and offered assistance at every interaction. The pool area had a great little bar with a fine young man making delicious cocktails. Walking distance to State street and many fun sites including the court house and pier.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank ditty69

Hello. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had an opportunity to explore our downtown area. Thank you very much for sharing your review and for the positive recognition. I have shared your review with the team members as I visited their areas, thank you very much for making their day with your kind comments. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best Regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Yes it is clean but at $300 a night I expect something great, not a tired, aging place with a pool area that is cramped and uncomfortable. Extremely friendly and very knowledge-able staff makes it more enjoyable but this hotel is a rip-off at $300, would have been ok at $150.

Stayed: April 2014

Hello. Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad you enjoyed our friendliness, knowledge and cleanliness, thank you very much for mentioning that. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the team members as I visit their areas this week. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the number of people in the pool area and with our rates during your stay. I truly look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel as the valued guest that you are next time you visit Santa Barbara. Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I was disappointed yet not unhappy with this Hyatt. The staff is so warm and friendly it was hard to be upset. The room was drab and dreary but the beds were totally comfortable and the bathroom was small but pleasant. The A/C unit is LOUD! They provide earplugs in the night stand. The food and wine are great at Bistro but priced too high. Internet costs money to use in the rooms. The room service takes a long time (2 hours) and we had someone grab a "smoke" on the way to our room with our sundaes. They didn't charge us though. I think I might pay more to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

The room was clean and large. We stayed in an ocean front room which had a partial ocean view. There are nice trees in front of the hotel, and they block some of the view. The grounds of the hotel are pretty. We were invited to a free happy hour at the hotel, where they offered wine, beer and appetizers. The hotel staff is very friendly and offered lots of suggestions on places to eat and see. You had to valet the car to park onsite but that is not uncommon in a city. The valets were very quick. Overall a good place to stay by the beach!!

• Stayed: April 2014