“nice hotel”

Ranked #39 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“nice hotel”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I spent one nights in this hotel which was nice. the hotel located in the front of the beach which good to walk. The hotel location is good in front of the beach however, state street is one mile away. My reservation was including the business plan which include free internet, breakfast and a water bottle, that are not included in normal reservation. I didn't had breakfast there but according to one of my colleagues he mentioned that the breakfast was simple.
The hotel building is old when I entered the room it was very cold, I think the building is not thermal insulation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Majedma10
HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Greetings. Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I sincerely appreciate the high markings you have given us! I'll share them with the team members and management team during the course of this week. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the room being cold upon arrival and surely hope you were able to raise the temperature soon after your arrival. Thank you for making our hotel your home away from home during your most recent visit to Santa Barbara and I look forward to welcoming you back as a valued guest soon. Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tucson
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I had booked a different hotel for my husband and me, but changed it last minute and got a great deal at Hyatt. I'm so glad I switched because the Hyatt is a very charming mission style hotel. It's a bit far from State Street...too far to walk after dinner for us, but being a bit away from the touristy section is nice. And parking is so easy. We had a queen beach view which was very nice, not plush, but very nice. The bed was super comfortable, the pool area was great, and we even ended up eating breakfast at the hotel most days. It was pricey, but the same as other places, and so convenient, and delicious. Every person we encountered who worked at the hotel was very nice and helpful. Two hints...there were no bathrobes in our room. I like a bathrobe, so I called the front desk and they sent two up to us. I think they charge a lot for daily parking. Parking on the street was easy and free, we did it the entire stay. The previous reviews I read almost kept me from booking a reservation. This is a great spot, stay here!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello. Thank you very much for your review! I am glad you changed your reservation to our hotel too! Thank you very much for your mention about our team members being very nice and helpful, I'll be sure to share your kind comments as I see them this week. I am glad you stayed in for breakfast and that you enjoyed it each time, I already shared your comments with our Chef, thank you for the recognition! Thank you for staying with us this time around and I look forward to welcoming you back soon! Warm Regards,
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My dog and I were visiting family in Santa Barbara but I didn't want to impose on anyone so I decided to stay in a hotel, preferrably a beachfront hotel. I didn't think I'd find any let alone a nice one. Well, Hyatt on Cabrillo Blvd is a pet friendly hotel and proved to be the perfect holiday vacation spot. Luis and his all-friendly and all-smiling staff was so great and so accommodating to me and my dog, Rocky. He even got a ride to his hotel room in a golf cart and got plenty of treats. We got a room at The Villas which is off the Hyatt property but only a block away from the Hyatt and the beach. It is Hyatt's extended-stay property. Our room had a nice King size bed (and may I say the most comfortable bed), nice big living room, spacious bathroom, a dining area and a fully equipped kitchen. My dog felt right at home and so did I. I cannot wait to stay here again. Thank you Luis and staff! You guys are the best!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Hello. My most sincere appreciation for you sharing your review! I am truly glad we were able to be of service and hospitality to you and to Rocky! Luis works hard and truly strives to make every guest feel welcome and appreciated, thank you very much for your recognition of his efforts and those of the team members at the front office. I will certainly make sure they are all properly recognized. Our golf carts are here for you and for Rocky to enjoy, I hope to welcome you back to our hotel as valued guests in the near future! With warm regards,
Christchurch
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Nicely surprised with this hotel - a really lovely place to stay on the waters edge. Clean with very helpful staff - would definitely stay here again. A local tip from one of the staff there resulted in the best meal of our 3 week trip - don't miss chucks Waterside grill!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Greetings. Thank you so very much for your kind review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your feedback with the team members as I visited their areas, thank you very much for recognizing our friendly team members and the cleanliness of your room. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel as a valued guest in the near future. Best Regards,
California
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Had one of the all-time best check in experiences. Amanda was one of the nicest, most-helpful front desk agents I've ever encountered. THANK YOU! Great views! You're across the street from the beach, but you don't even notice the street between you and the beach. Great location - you can walk to the beach, pier, State Street, etc. Being able to leave the car behind is a huge plus. There is also an electronic trolley stop at curbside. Nice room touches - extra amenities (toothpaste, toothbrush, razors, etc.) and frigs. You can also get a microwave. We had a very relaxing, enjoyable stay and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We asked for an end, corner room. It had an extra large balcony and no one on one side of us which a...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello. Thank you very much for sharing your review! It's fantastic that Amanda was able to take good care of you, thank you very much for mentioning her, she was properly recognized for her efforts during our monthly departmental meeting this past week. I have also shared your kind comments with the various departments as I visit them, thank you for the nice review, I sincerely appreciate it! I hope to welcome you back to our hotel next time your travels bring you back to Santa Barbara. Warm Regards,
Calabasas, California
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Architectural
theme.

Santa Barbara has a distinct atmosphere and the Santa Barbara Hyatt is true to its theme in style and friendliness. If you were originally from Santa Barbara, like my husband and me, you love the mission style buildings and appreciate when a hotel doesn’t become a slave to the latest trending style and saturate your sights with bright colors and flashiness. What you want when you visit Santa Barbara, is the small town, old town, clean and bold reminders of Santa Barbara’s historical beginnings.

That’s just what we experienced last week when we chose to stay at the Santa Barbara Hyatt. From the moment we easily secured our best rate by booking directly at Hyatt online, to the personal follow-up email message we received from the manager, Richard Uribe, asking if there was anything he could assist us with during our stay, that personal touch of Santa Barbara was there. We highly recommend booking an ocean view room, as that is one of the charms of the city, the sights, sounds and scents of the shore. Unlike large modern hotels, the windows of the Hyatt actually open so you can take it all in! The pool area is cozy, with a very-warm pool, Jacuzzi and fire pit. Breakfast at the hotel gives you another opportunity to view the shore and then you can walk right outside and be at the beach – walk along the sidewalk for the weekend arts and crafts exhibits and head to the pier. We went on the Trolley of Lights tour which we highly recommend.

Thank you Richard for helping to make our stay so perfect and seeking us out so that you could meet us in person!

Room Tip: The beds are very comfortable and don't forget to book an ocean view room.
1 Thank Jan B
HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Greetings. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us during your most recent visit to your home town. It was a true pleasure meeting you guys and being your host this past weekend. It is very nice of you to share your review, l sincerely appreciate it. I'll be sure to share your kind comments with the team members as I visit their areas today and over the course of the week. I look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit beautiful Santa Barbara! Thank you very much and Happy Holidays! Richard
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I love old buildings, and I could tell immediately that this one was old. My first clue was that the driveway entrance isn't on Cabrillo Boulevard: nobody would have the entrance to a new building be on another street than the address, but with old places, there's no telling. Indeed, the original structure was built in 1931 and is filled with the charms of quirks of an old place.

The valets were friendly and very fast throughout our stay. We never waited for our car in spite of being very close to the main lobby. The location of the hotel made every car trip around town a quick one as well.

The front desk said our room wasn't ready at our check-in and placed us in another room with an ocean view. Though the building is old (and the odd lobby configuration reconfirmed that the place has been heavily remodeled), it has been updated and is in fine condition.

The weather was very pleasant during our stay, and we spent a bit of time by the pool. Sitting there gave us a view of several upstairs rooms with various-sized balconies that probably offered very nice ocean views, better than our first-floor ocean view. This is the sort of hotel where knowing the rooms can really matter.

Breakfast was nothing remarkable and was as expensive as you would expect from a Hyatt in Santa Barbara. Nothing wrong with it. Nice view, though.

The timing of the housekeeping service was a little erratic: one day our room was cleaned at four in the afternoon while another day they were knocking at nine in the morning.

I enjoyed our stay and would gladly stay again.

Room Tip: Ask about balconies facing the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mmccalpin
HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Hello. Thank you very much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your kind comments about our team members being friendly and of service, I'll be sure to share with them as I visit their areas today and this week. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back as a valued guest in the near future. Kind Regards,