Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara
La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara Downtown(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Breakfast included
Mason Beach Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$161
Hotel Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$209
  • Breakfast included
Franciscan Inn & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$220
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Beachfront
Ramada Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$144
Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
$368
$319
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$189
$182
Agoda.com
$309
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
The Wayfarer(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$206
$172
Official Site
1,571 results
All reviewsocean viewstreet parkingfire piteast beachdirectly across the streetstate streetshort drivezoosbcaliforniawharfbarbarasanta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2013

With the transition to new general manager, Richard Uribe, Hyatt Santa Barbara has not missed a step in it’s goal of hotel excellence. Together with senior sales manager, Jim Rice, and a fabulous staff, Mr. Uribe has very successfully continued Hyatt’s pursuit of superior hotel service.
The renovated rooms offer spectacular mountain and ocean views together with nice size balconies.
The location is probably the best in Santa Barbara...across the street from East Beach, the best beach in Santa Barbara. East beach also has a wonderful children’s playground which is next to the great East Beach Grill. Also close by is the beautiful “must see” Santa Barbara Zoo, bike and jogging path, Stearn’s Wharf, and the Sunday Arts and Craft show.
Hyatt’s restaurant, Bistro 1111, has an excellent chef and the food is really good along with superb friendly service. Happy Hour from 4 PM to 7 PM is fun and a terrific place to wind down the day!
I have been staying at this hotel for 26 years and I have never been disappointed...reservations are already made for next August!

Room Tip: 3rd floor Santa Maria Building or Santa Cruz Building facing Cabrillo Blvd. offer beautiul ocean views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great location, great staff, excellent food, so glad that we decided to stay here again instead of Harbor View. The beach across the street is nicer and the location isn't as noisy as the corner of State and Cabrillo.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I wrote a review of this hotel last year, and noticed recently that it disappeared from tripadvisor reviews of the hotel, so I thought I'll try to reporduce it.

This hotel has the best location of any hotel in Santa Barbara, right across from a very nice beach and walking distance to downtown, the pier and many other attractions. We had an ocean view room on the first floor with a private large patio which was fantastic. The reception personnel were nice and check in/out were nice and fast. But the positives end here.
The bed was very uncomforable (probably a very old matress). The cleaning staff didn't do a good job.. We stayed for 4 days and I don't think our room was vacuumed at all. The leather chair was not wiped off (there were dirty finger marks that they could have easily wiped off, but they didn't). The only cleaning that was done is making the bed and cleaning the bathroom. They didn't even replace the supplies of paper cups and tissue paper. I had to ask for paper cups in the evening when I wanted to make some tea or coffee.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank socalgal910
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We traveled from San Francisco to LA. We were on the road for a few days and were tired, so we needed to relax and rest. Easy checked in and the staff was very friendly and nice. To our surprise we had a balcony that overlooked the ocean..BEAUTIFUL. The pool was nice plenty of towels, quiet. At night there was a fire pit and a hot tub. You could just hang out by the fire pit and bring your own bottle of wine. The hotel restruant was opened late and you could get a snack or just a cup of tea. Again staff was very accomodating. We decided to stay an extra day it was just a very nice hotel. It was convenient to the beach and a short ride to State Street where they have many shops. We had a fabulos two days. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean view room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Franks F
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Check in was very quick and they had our rooms ready by 2. The rooms are big and clean but for a Hyatt I expected something more. Don't get me wrong, I have no complaints but I expected to be wowed at this hotel with both service and amenities but it just wasn't there. We didn't get a sea view room unfortunately but it is only steps away. In all, I would stay here again if I got a good rate and try to get a seaview room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple