“Comfortable and Convenient!”

Ranked #39 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Comfortable and Convenient!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights. Room #380. The bed was very comfortable. Room clean and modern. Just cross the street and you are on the beach. After a walk on the beach, the bottom of our feet were covered with oil. Not so cool and not easy to get off. There is a 99cent store on State street where we bought waters and socks. My next walk on the beach I wore the $1 socks and threw them away. State street is a short drive and had some great shopping and restaurants. Joe's Cafe had the best Coffee with our breakfast. Renaud's patisserie & bistro great for breakfast or lunch on the outdoor patio.

Thank you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Greetings and thank you so very much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, your comfortable bed and our beautiful beach and city. Thank you for your kind comments, please be sure that I will share them with the team members as I visit their areas this week. Please visit us again soon! Best Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and family stayed at the hotel for one night while traveling the California coast. The hotel is an older property with a convenient location in Santa Barbara (close to the ocean and beach). The valet and front desk staff were very friendly and made the checking in process very quick. The room and bathroom were okay. The sheets and the pillows had some stains and the bathroom floor and shower revealed hair left by prior guests. While checking out in the morning we were offered complimentary granola bars and fruit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello. Thank you so very much for your review. I sure hope you enjoyed your trip along our beautiful coast! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that our folks at the front were attentive and friendly. I have shared your valuable feedback in relation to cleanliness with our Director of Housekeeping so that we pay closer attention in this area going forward. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share with us. I hope to welcome you and your family back to our hotel as valued guests in the near future. Warm Regards.
south bay california
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I think if you stay here and book on line make sure you know what room to ask for. For the first night we stayed in #307 main building where restaurant/pool and spa are..... and the room had balcony that overlooked a power line 10 feet away and then the mountnains / park behind it. The air conditioning didn't work and turned on and off all evening and there were spiders in bathroom. The next night we switched rooms to the other building and it was 100% better but for $460 dollars a night and a weekend that cost 1,000.00 I would never recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 802lallen
Greetings! Thank you very much for your review. While I am glad we were able to make things better on the second night I am very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during the first night. I truly hope that we were able to help overcome these challenges with the discount we extended for you at check out, thank you very much for the opportunity! I look forward to the opportunity of being of service to you next time you visit our beautiful city. Warm Regards.

Travelers are raving about these Santa Barbara hotels

mission viejo, ca
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is old fashion..hassel to get to third floor. No ice on third floor near our room. The resturant was over priced for being a glorifed coffee shop. Service poor but food good. Parking fifteen bucks. The mattress needs to be replaced lumpy and old.
Would not stay there again overpriced for an old room.

• Stayed July 2013
Hello! Thank you very much for your review. Your feedback is valuable to us and we certainly appreciate you taking time to share it. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with being on the third floor and with the prices in our restaurant. I have shared your feedback with the leadership in the Food and Beverage areas so that more emphasis is put in training of the team members in an effort to better serve our guests going forward. Thank you for your mention about the good food, the culinary staff were very happy to hear that. I sincerely appreciate with positive reinforcement! I hope to welcome you back to our hotel as a valued guest next time Santa Barbara. With warm regards.
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel's in a great location and we enjoyed our time here.

Front Desk team, Housekeeping team were excellent.
Location was great - right across from the beach and about a mile from State Street.
Bistro (restaurant) team was great.

Couple of the valets were jerks.
The pool team was clearly too cool to be working paying guests at a Hyatt in Santa Barbara... which kind of spoilt our experience a bit.

This is a great location.

Room Tip: If you're going to be out all day at the beach or biking or whatever, you may not need the Ocean...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Greetings! Thank you so very much for your review. I sincerely appreciate your candid feedback, thank you for taking time to share. I have shared your comments with the folks in housekeeping, the front desk and the restaurant, we cannot thank you enough for the recognition. It is welcome and appreciated! I too, have shared your feedback with the folks at the front drive and in the pool. We will provide these folks with the necessary training so that we can continue to focus on improving in an effort to better serve our guests going forward, thank you very much for your mention. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel as a valued guest next time you visit our lovely city. Best regards.
phoenix, az
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on 7-3 and they had a sign posted that it was under new ownership. Went to the pool for happy hour which was posted on the website, flyers in room and the front desk clerk confirmed it. Bartender notified me that the new owners cancelled the happy hour the same day they took ownership. I reported this on my post-stay survey and the manager responded with an apology promptly. Rooms were dated, AC was noisy and decor was ordinary. Not what you would expect at a Hyatt property. $200+ a night should be a hint that it was not going to be a true Hyatt experience. Nonetheless, the location was great. Service from the front desk, pool attendants and bell hop were excellent. Would stay again with lower expectations.

1 Thank donjoysan
Greetings! Thank you very much for your review. I would like to extend my most sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced with the happy hour being discontinued at the bar. Thank you for mentioning that we reached out to you shortly after your departure, I appreciate your honesty and recognition very much! I am glad that the associates at the front desk, the pool and the bell stand were of service to you, I made sure they were properly recognized for their efforts. Thank you very much for your participation and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel as a valued guest in the near future. Warm Regards.
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

If you know Santa Barbara proper, most of the beachfront properties are a bit older but do hold some true seaside charm. The Hyatt renovated an older hotel with its staples of style and service. It's no Grand Hyatt Kauai, but then again, the Fess Parker isn't either. We liked this smaller more intimate feel hotel, with instant access to the beach (much closer than the others on Carrillo),nice though compact workout room, and exemplary service. Thank you to the wonderful Hyatt staff who made EARLY check-in, comp upgrades on busy July 4th weekend, and our overall stay a delight! We brought our bikes and went up and down their strand, up State for breakfast, and even to dinner at the pier. 2 minutes further drive than the cheapy (quality not price) hotels on Cabrillo but so relaxing and tranquil.