Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Inn At East Beach(Santa Barbara)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Pacific Crest Hotel(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Santa Barbara Inn(Santa Barbara)
  • Breakfast included
Blue Sands Inn(Santa Barbara)
Hotel Californian(Santa Barbara)
  • Pool
Harbor View Inn(Santa Barbara)
1,570 results
All reviewsocean viewstreet parkingfire piteast beachdirectly across the streetstate streetshort drivezoosbcaliforniawharfbarbarasanta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel's in a great location and we enjoyed our time here.

Front Desk team, Housekeeping team were excellent.
Location was great - right across from the beach and about a mile from State Street.
Bistro (restaurant) team was great.

Couple of the valets were jerks.
The pool team was clearly too cool to be working paying guests at a Hyatt in Santa Barbara... which kind of spoilt our experience a bit.

This is a great location.

Room Tip: If you're going to be out all day at the beach or biking or whatever, you may not need the Ocean View room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Greetings! Thank you so very much for your review. I sincerely appreciate your candid feedback, thank you for taking time to share. I have shared your comments with the folks in housekeeping, the front desk and the restaurant, we cannot thank you enough for the recognition. It is welcome and appreciated! I too, have shared your feedback with the folks at the front drive and in the pool. We will provide these folks with the necessary training so that we can continue to focus on improving in an effort to better serve our guests going forward, thank you very much for your mention. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel as a valued guest next time you visit our lovely city. Best regards.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on 7-3 and they had a sign posted that it was under new ownership. Went to the pool for happy hour which was posted on the website, flyers in room and the front desk clerk confirmed it. Bartender notified me that the new owners cancelled the happy hour the same day they took ownership. I reported this on my post-stay survey and the manager responded with an apology promptly. Rooms were dated, AC was noisy and decor was ordinary. Not what you would expect at a Hyatt property. $200+ a night should be a hint that it was not going to be a true Hyatt experience. Nonetheless, the location was great. Service from the front desk, pool attendants and bell hop were excellent. Would stay again with lower expectations.

1  Thank donjoysan

Greetings! Thank you very much for your review. I would like to extend my most sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced with the happy hour being discontinued at the bar. Thank you for mentioning that we reached out to you shortly after your departure, I appreciate your honesty and recognition very much! I am glad that the associates at the front desk, the pool and the bell stand were of service to you, I made sure they were properly recognized for their efforts. Thank you very much for your participation and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel as a valued guest in the near future. Warm Regards.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

If you know Santa Barbara proper, most of the beachfront properties are a bit older but do hold some true seaside charm. The Hyatt renovated an older hotel with its staples of style and service. It's no Grand Hyatt Kauai, but then again, the Fess Parker isn't either. We liked this smaller more intimate feel hotel, with instant access to the beach (much closer than the others on Carrillo),nice though compact workout room, and exemplary service. Thank you to the wonderful Hyatt staff who made EARLY check-in, comp upgrades on busy July 4th weekend, and our overall stay a delight! We brought our bikes and went up and down their strand, up State for breakfast, and even to dinner at the pier. 2 minutes further drive than the cheapy (quality not price) hotels on Cabrillo but so relaxing and tranquil.

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We had a fabulous last minute stay at Hyatt on a road trip from LA to SF. Choosing a hotel from Tripadvisor for SB is very tricky as low budget hotels and 5 star hotels are reviewed in the same category. For my money the Hyatt is the best value in the moderate $200 range. Ocean view, you walk out the door cross street and in 2 minutes are on a CLEAN beach with fabulous swimming, great on site bistro with water views, rooms are clean with good AC. This is not a new property but has been tastefully restored and is a historic building. It is far walk from State Street but thus does not have some of the "colorful" street life that would be uncomfortable at night.

2  Thank juju1967
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Location is nice by the beach and convenient to the Santa Barbara locale. I like the spanish adobe villa feel. The pool is smallish, but they have a larger outdoor lounge area with a cabana l bar, food orders, and 1 cabana (lots of comfy lounge chairs and umbrellas). The staff is youngish and the service is friendly. The rooms are cute and I was excited this Hyatt has a tub, as most don't. My husband and I stayed here on points for a getaway from LA, and its not a bad deal (the Hyatt award points and perks are the best with the free breakfast and room amenities, such as a bottle of wine for diamond members).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business