“Pet Friendly and Fabulous Staff”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I headed up to Santa Barbara one Saturday morning on a whim and then decided to spend the night. After calling around to several of the local hotels this was literally the only one under $350 for the night and they didn't charge a pet fee! The pet fee has always rankled me because our small dog is always respectful of hotel rooms but we have begrudgingly paid it in the past. This time, I was thrilled to not be charged just for having our pup with us. Beyond that, though the staff was awesome. They were welcoming and helpful. The room was very nice. It looks like the rooms have recently been upgraded. The furniture and fixtures are all modern and sleek. The bed and pillows are really comfy. The pool area is like a little oasis because it is shielded by the hotel itself and surrounded with lush landscaping. We loved our stay here and would definitely stay here again. They had a complimentary breakfast as well, that was ok. The same stuff you normally see: oatmeal, cereal, bagels, toast. I would have like to see an egg (or other protein) option besides hard boiled but otherwise it was fine. For this area (blocks from all the great restaurants and shops on State street) it is a great deal. Oh! one last thing: I don't know what they are washing their towels in, but they are SOOOO SOFT! Not all hotels pay attention to that detail.

Room Tip: try to ask for a room overlooking the pool. You don't see a car at all and it feels like a litt...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for your very nice recommendation of the hotel and the afforadability.

I'm pleased that you found the staff friendly and helpful. Yes, we are pet friendly and we do not charge a pet fee. Thanks for your comments about the landscaping around the pool and it being an oasis. I especially like your comments about the soft towels.

We look forward to having you, your husband and your pet stay with us the next time you visit Santa Barbara!

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

On our California road trip, this was our cheapest hotel & the best.
Modern bedroom and bathroom. The most comfortable bed I have slept in at a hotel. Pool really nice. Good location-close to shops restaurants and shuttle to beach, 50 cents adult. It's a 25 minute walk to the pier but an interesting one.
As mentioned before, only downside was breakfast but we picked up a healthy one down State Street.
Would definitely stay again-for longer.

• Stayed: July 2014
Scott N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review of the hotel during your California road trip.

I'm pleased you found our rates very reasonable and you enjoyed your room. Im' happy that our bed was the best you've ever slept in at a hotel. I appreciate your comments about the convenience and the location of the hotel.

We look forward to having you as our guest during your next California road trip!

Safe travels!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

This La Quinta was a top notch hotel. Very nice accommodations and very clean and comfortable. The only area that I might recommend some improvement would be in the area of breakfast variety. While the food was good, there wasn't as much to choose from as I would have liked. Other than this very small issue, I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling in the Santa Barbara area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank William E
Scott N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel

I'm please you found the hotel clean, comfortable and the staff friendly.

We look forward to having you and your family as our guest the next time you visit Santa Barbara!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was happy with our stay here. We were on a two week road trip and I was surprised how incredibly comfortable and cozy the bed was in this hotel at La Quinta Inn in Santa Barbara. I had the best sleep here than any other night on our road trip. Additionally, the hotel has a walkablity rating of 89/100 via walk score. There is a small grocery store directly across the street, and that market has very tasty soup and sandwiches made to order. The hotel is just a few blocks away from the center of town. There are trolly's that can take you to the beach; I would not say it's within walking distance to the ocean, but still close enough. The rooms themselves looked average. There was no view in our room (213), and it did smell just a little funky inside the room when we arrived. However, they are very generous about bringing your pets along, so we were grateful for that and for us, it superseded the slight smell. The parking is free but very tight; we got the last parking spot as the place was packed with people and cars! Make sure to try and book early if you can--they told us we got the last room available. Overall, a nice stay, especially because of the extremely comfortable bed and easy going attitude about us bringing our little dog with us.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, ask for the rooms in the back, ground level, near the small patch of grass with d...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel.

I'm please you enjoyed the location and comfortable beds. I'm happy your pet was able to stay with you as we are a pet friendly hotel.

We look forward to having you and your pet as our guest the next time you visit Santa Barbara!

Best,

A La Quinta traveler
San Diego, California

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Scott N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Reviewed July 14, 2014

When I travel on business I like to find a great hotel at a reasonable price. We all know that staying in Santa Barbara can be pricey but I have foud this gem of a hotel, the La Quinta Inn. I have stayed there several times and find it classy, clean, accomodating and reasonably priced. It's location to restaurants and shopping is supurb.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ellen B
Scott N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel.

I'm happy to know you enjoy staying with us when you are in town on business. I appreciate your comments about how classy and clean you found the hotel.

We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in Santa Barbara on business or pleasure.

Best,

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Loved this La Quinta Inn. Rooms were modern and clean. Employees were very friendly and knowledgeable. Continental breakfast was perfect. The La Quinta Inn is located approximately a 20-25 minute walk from the main downtown Santa Barbara area on the same street. Pet friendly.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thanks for your wonderful review of the hotel.

I'm happy that you found your room to be clean and modern. I appreciate your comments about the staff being friendly and knowledgeable. And, we are pet friendly.

We look forward to having you and your pet the next time you visit Santa Barbara!