Quality Inn Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$269
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara Downtown(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$197
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$239
  • Breakfast included
Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
$394
$288
Kimpton
  • Pool
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$282
$224
  • Beachfront
Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$229
$213
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$309
$297
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Franciscan Inn & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$150
Ramada Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$266
$188
The Wayfarer(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$208
$164
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewschoice hotelscoffee beansinexpensive place to stayroom was cleantrader joesyogurtone night stopoverstate streetwould stay againdecent hotelcheck in was easyacross the streetstayed here for nightsfree parkingwalking distancean older hoteldowntown sb
Reviewed September 12, 2009

As I was driving up State Street I was wondering how in the world I would decide which hotel to stay at, when I spontaneously pulled into the Qaulity Inn - something about the cute way it sat on the corner...I was not hopeful though, I figured it would be way over priced, as all the ones I had called previously had been. I was immediately greeted by Derek, who gave me a very warm welcome with a big smile, and I was instantly happy I stopped. Next he quoted me a price that was more than reasonable, less than the other hotels I had called and I was even happier I stopped. When I walked into my room, and saw the view of the mountains and how cozy & clean the room was, I knew I had made the right choice. It is a smaller, quaint place with friendly staff, right next to Trader Joe's so you can walk and grab some food, and just a few miles away from the heart of State Street. I will be making this my hotel from now on when I am in Santa Barbabra!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank nanniemel
Reviewed July 2, 2009

This was not the type of motel I had expected when I booked online. The other Quality Inns that I have stayed at have all been newer properties with modern amenities. Unfortunately, this place was neither modern, nor did it have much in the way of amenities. It was a much older property. The room and bathroom were very small and cramped. Fixtures were old and the AC didn't work too well. Fortunately, it was cool and the AC wasn't needed.

The front staff was not too helpful. I was expecting a computer with a printer to be available like at the other Quality Inns that I had stayed at. While there was wireless in the rooms, there was no computer/printer in the lobby area and the clerk at the front desk wouldn't let me use his printer.

The worst part about it was all this "luxury" cost me $130. I had expected to pay more being in Santa Barbara but I checked out a couple of places that were right on the beach and they were going for the same rate. So, I felt like I was ripped off as well.

On the plus side, the room was clean, the motel was quiet and the continental breakfast was decent with fresh baked goods.

So, unless you are trying to obtain points through choicehotels.com, I would probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank County-Hunter
Reviewed June 19, 2009

Ugly room, old looking and very expensive. Far from downtown (10 min driving)
Ugly room, old looking and very expensive. Far from downtown (10 min driving)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andre B
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We were scheduled to stay in another hotel in SB and called to confirm our reservation as we were at the airport in NYC. The first hotel, El Prado, lost our reservation, which was rather unfortunate considering it was memorial day weekend, so they said they'd call around to see if something was available. While we were in the air flying to the west coast someone at the first hotel gave our credit card information and booked us without our authorization to Quality Inn. We landed and decided to stay with some friends. The voice mail on my husband's phone gave no indication that we were obligated or even booked at the quality inn. After coming home I noticed the charge on our credit card and called the Quality Inn to dispute it. The manager, whose name I don't remember, was the most inconsiderate person I have ever spoken to and wouldn't budge saying we were a "no show" (For a reservation we never agreed to). Needless to say, I was furious. I mean it was memorial day weekend, but we were coming in late so it wasn't as if this last minute reservation (which we didn't authorize) cost them money anyway. It was likely gravy. I talked to the manager of the first hotel and he apologized repeatedly for his staff booking that hotel and said he would help fix the charge. Clearly the first hotel messed up a few times, but they were willing to help at every step of the way. I cannot believe the "quality" of customer service displayed by the Quality Inn. I will forever remember this event when looking to book a room at a hotel.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jungstarr
Reviewed January 17, 2009

We spent three nights here and found it clean, pleasant and convenient. The staff was very responsive to a minor plumbing problem we had. The free breakfast featured fresh baked goods and fruit as well as yogurt and the standard items.

We can recommend this facility without reservation and will stay there on our next trip to beautiful Santa Barbara.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family