“Not too bad”

Ranked #36 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Camarillo, CA
“Not too bad”
Reviewed May 22, 2011

It's very hard to find a moderately priced hotel in Santa Barbara, especially for one weekend night, so when I found a good rate through Hotels.com, I was concerned. The good news is that this Quality Inn was just fine. It is centrally located, but not in walking distance to the shops and restaurants of State Street. On the plus side, the young man at the desk was top drawer, the room was clean, other guests seemed safe and the breakfast was good enough. On the negative side, the walls are VERY THIN. I listened to my next door neighbor cackle as she babysat a baby and conversed with a couple of visitors. If the bed/bedding and t.v. were upgraded, I would forgive Quality Inn for the thin walls . . . can't change old construction.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room - no overhead stomping
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Laurabelle927

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
sc
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We just stopped for one night and didn't have a reservation. Just needed a place to crash w/o breaking the bank. The room was $125, wish it was a little cheaper but because of the area I expected to pay around that. The room was clean and service was excellent at the front desk. The continental breakfast was just fine. Someone else said it was a bad location but I thought the location was great. Right down the street was a mall (didn't go there), very close was State Street with every shop you can imagine. The beach and wharf were also very close, maybe ten minutes away. Considering the area, amenities and the room was clean, I think this was a good value and place to stay. No frills!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rapture55
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Clean room. Friendly staff. Free & sufficient breakfast. Free parking and wireless internet.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank JierDong
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed October 11, 2009

No frills but good value and clean rooms. Bathroom was tiny. Late-night front desk staff looked like she needed some rest, but service was prompt. Breakfast nook was charming and the spread was better than expected. Santa Barbara hotels can be expensive so this was fine for my one-night stay. Definitely would choose something else if I was staying longer, and if not for business.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank ninapod
San Francsico
Reviewed September 12, 2009

As I was driving up State Street I was wondering how in the world I would decide which hotel to stay at, when I spontaneously pulled into the Qaulity Inn - something about the cute way it sat on the corner...I was not hopeful though, I figured it would be way over priced, as all the ones I had called previously had been. I was immediately greeted by Derek, who gave me a very warm welcome with a big smile, and I was instantly happy I stopped. Next he quoted me a price that was more than reasonable, less than the other hotels I had called and I was even happier I stopped. When I walked into my room, and saw the view of the mountains and how cozy & clean the room was, I knew I had made the right choice. It is a smaller, quaint place with friendly staff, right next to Trader Joe's so you can walk and grab some food, and just a few miles away from the heart of State Street. I will be making this my hotel from now on when I am in Santa Barbabra!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank nanniemel
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed July 2, 2009

This was not the type of motel I had expected when I booked online. The other Quality Inns that I have stayed at have all been newer properties with modern amenities. Unfortunately, this place was neither modern, nor did it have much in the way of amenities. It was a much older property. The room and bathroom were very small and cramped. Fixtures were old and the AC didn't work too well. Fortunately, it was cool and the AC wasn't needed.

The front staff was not too helpful. I was expecting a computer with a printer to be available like at the other Quality Inns that I had stayed at. While there was wireless in the rooms, there was no computer/printer in the lobby area and the clerk at the front desk wouldn't let me use his printer.

The worst part about it was all this "luxury" cost me $130. I had expected to pay more being in Santa Barbara but I checked out a couple of places that were right on the beach and they were going for the same rate. So, I felt like I was ripped off as well.

On the plus side, the room was clean, the motel was quiet and the continental breakfast was decent with fresh baked goods.

So, unless you are trying to obtain points through choicehotels.com, I would probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank County-Hunter

Travelers are raving about these Santa Barbara hotels

São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed June 19, 2009

Ugly room, old looking and very expensive. Far from downtown (10 min driving)
Ugly room, old looking and very expensive. Far from downtown (10 min driving)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple