Motel 6 Santa Barbara - State Street
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sandpiper Lodge(Santa Barbara)
Sunset Motel(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Rose Garden Inn(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Oasis Inn & Suites(Santa Barbara)
Agave Inn(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)
Holiday Lodge(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Town and Country Inn(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Lemon Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The motel is newly remolded and looks nice for a Motel 6. However for the price we had to pay for a queen room ($180) I would expect better quality and service. So I rate this motel not as an average Motel 6, but in the $180 range of hotels/motels, and based on my experience it doesn't belong in this range. The room is very small, bathroom moldy and repaint over it, bathtub still has some mold. Towels were small and thin. No shampoo, conditioner or body lotion. Linoleum floor was very dirty. Luckily we had our slippers with us, but its not an inviting experience. There was no breakfast offered. For a Motel 6 its okay, its a basic motel chain with basic prices, but they advertized this Motel 6 as it belongs in a different league. So based on other $180 hotel stays I have to say that this motel is totally overpriced. I would definitely not recommend this Motel 6 to anyone based on price-quality ratio.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Needed somewhere to stay 1 night after enjoying Summer Solistice in Santa Barbara. It was just average but wouldn't book a stay here again. Bed spreads had stains and cigarrette burn holes even though we had a non-smoking room. We only stayed for sleeping all of 7 hours. That was enough for me...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I can only echo what others have said:
This is a budget motel, in every way except price.
The room reminded me most of a college dorm. Everything was minimalist, including the beds, shelf space, even the towels! Does a pet-friendly motel really need to have linoleum on the floors?
$150 for a * (one-star) accommodation is absurd. But, if you need a place that is pet-friendly in Santa Barbara, there may not be anything less expensive.

Room Tip: check for cigarette smells
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed here based upon the price, and because they are pet-friendly. However, our smoking room was definitely smoked in recently, as evidenced by the cigarette burn on our blanket. The room was also tiny, with a rough, low-grade towel, and soap only (no shampoo, conditioner, or lotion) in the bathroom. The morning coffee was mediocre and there was no breakfast. The pool seemed inviting, but was not heated. No one thing was terrible, but neither was anything about this place really good.

While I realize that this was a Motel 6, I suspect the other similar establishments on State Street offer more value, even if they are a bit costlier. Put another way, I feel that this Motel 6 is so proud of their low rates that they don't try to do anything extra, like heat their pool, offer decent coffee, or make sure that their non-smoking rooms really are.

One positive: when we complained about the smokiness, they gave us a $25 credit, a nice gesture.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ujjal G
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed here because needed a motel during a bball tourny. Santa Barbara is so overpriced! Picked this when because if price and reviews. Was a little bit worried when we pulled in. It is definitely nothing to look at from the outside. But we were able to check right in. Everyone was super friendly, even the housekeepers were greeting us. We were pleasantly surprised with our room. They are newly remodeled and very clean. They are very basic, but we knew they would be. Great location next to food and shopping. This is upper State St though. Most of the real shopping is at the other end. Overall it was a pleasant stay. But $100 worth? That's Santa Barbara!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family