Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$371
$346
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Santa Barbara Inn(Santa Barbara)
$759
$499
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara Downtown(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$284
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$325
$304
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$393
$341
  • Beachfront
Hotel Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$339
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$446
$360
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Ramada by Wyndham Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$270
$246
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$279
$266
$995
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 20, 2008

it was not worth the price at all. the only good thing was the view. my husband is in the military and for him to say the place was not good. that says alot because he has been deployed twice. i will never stay there again.

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed July 11, 2008

We just got home from staying here. We walked in off the street and I requested a peek at the room first and the minute we saw it we came back and said "We will take it!" Room 106 downstairs! Very modern, new tile floors, bathroom, 2 person jacuzzi tub and flat screen tv mounted on the wall. No A/C but had a fan which worked just fine, yes the side where the windows open for this room is facing another building with a lot of noise and no its not a quiet place but Santa Barbara along the beach is full of cars and people walking by and what I expected, and well, the others criticized the train? The train runs by everything over here, Didnt bother me and I slept fine all night in our King Size bed. I loved the upstairs patio where you can sit and people watch and stare out at the ocean. Nice touch was the continental breakfast and the belgian waffle maker and you can make your own in minutes! What a sweet touch. I guess we are simple folk but we loved the place and cant wait to come back! But I did peek in the other downstairs rooms as the maids were cleaning and I believe our room was the best on this 1st level! So make sure to get the one with the 2 seater tub! Its very casual and relaxed, not for those who are snobs or neat freaks, but those who like a casual relaxed beach feel good time. We loved it! And thank you both the girls working the counters, both were helpful and friendly with all questions asked.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MySharona72
Reviewed March 13, 2008

After reading the reviews I figured this place was going to a dump. But we've stayed in plenty of low dollar beach motels and i figured the reviews might have been from people that expected 5 star service for motel 6 prices. I was right. Our room was number 11 and was a little dark and two lights did not work. they were fixed right away. It is an old room but so what, $89 in Santa Barbara with the pier right accross the street is great. Room 10 would be the room to book if you can chose. The folks that worked at the Ala Mar were all very nice and easy to deal with. I did not get to go in the pool for there sister motel as somone else said but we did sneek into the pool accross the street. The location is great for walking to and up State street. Dont go thinking your going to the Biltmore, its a small beach type motel and we loved it.

Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank ScottinParkCity
Reviewed December 12, 2007

Judging by the reviews, I got very lucky when I walked in off the street and got a room for $89 (in December) with nothing worse than a little grime and filth. The hotel next door wanted $175. With this in mind, I was actually pleased with my stay and willing to overlook multiple problems.

Staff polite and helpful. Room large and spacious with reasonable furniture and bedding, but multiple things broken or missing. Great view of harbor but tons of train and traffic noise all night; fortunately slept with windows closed. Otherwise quiet. Lighting inadequate, couldn't figure out which switch was supposed to turn on main light. Door lock inadequate, no chain. Cobwebs and dirt throughout. Bathroom window cracked and inoperable, stuck open. Bathroom fixtures in sad repair. Towels pitifully threadbare and should have been retired long ago. 2 hand towels provided, no bath towels at all.

For an off-season bargain weeknight rate, this was just fine although expensive. I would not stay here any other time.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank ninko999
Reviewed October 3, 2007

The location of this hotel is wonderful. It is across from the beach and near the pier, however there is only 1 room with a good view, which we had but the view was obstructed by the hotels ugly deck. We booked a king room with a jacuzzi tub on the top fllor with ocean view. Check in time is 3:00 P.M. We arrived at 5:00 immediatly went up to our room and there was garbage laid out all over, the bed had been sat on and there was food and drinks left over from someone eating in the room. Of course I wanted the room re cleaned and had to finally comprimise on the house keepers taking out the food and changing the pillow cases. the staff was very unfriendly and the room was way to expensive for what we experienced. We paid 275.00 for 1 night. The problem was there were no other rooms left in the city since we waited to long to book our romantic trip. Another problem was the fact that you could see into our room from the broken blinds and the door barely locked, the lock was merely a bedroom door lock. So I felt very unsafe. We had to lock our laptop in the car when we went to dinner. My husband went outside at night and said he could see everything I was doing. So the the location is good but for the price it was totally unacceptable on every level. The room was dirty, it looked like no one had stayed in it or cleaned it for weeks. This hotel is surrounded by other beautiful hotels. However the room did have a lot charm it just was not clean! Also the shower was the size of a night club's bathroom stall. So all and all I would never stay here again!!!!!! We are pretty easy going and have stayed in our share of cheep hotels but we wer both highly dissapointed.

1  Thank mistydog7