Santa Barbara Inn(Santa Barbara)
$299
$254
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $320/night.

Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$266
$213
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$219
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$227
$206
  • Beachfront
The Eagle Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$299
$269
Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
$448
$383
Kimpton
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$259
$234
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $261/night.

Mason Beach Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$215
$197
Travelocity
Ramada by Wyndham Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$218
$161
Priceline
$645
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $843/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 27, 2012

A spur of the moment booking upon arrival in Santa Barbara. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the location perfect (on the sea front) and the room a good size.
Contrary to other reports, no sign of bed bugs and the room was pretty clean. Comfy bed and a lovely big flat screen tv.
Breakfast was basic and the terrace set aside for eating/sunbathing could do with a spruce up and there was litter lying around.
Overall not a bad place- great staff too.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I went into this paying a top price for a popular weekend in summer. I went into this knowing there were many bad reviews on various sites online. I still kept the reservation because I'm super low-maintenance when it comes to what I expect and knew I wouldn't be in room but to sleep.

I arrived after a long drive from out of state. I had called just to confirm things as I drove an hour earlier. The young man at desk told me I needed to check in by 11pm for them to be there (?). I arrived at 9:30pm and was met with a locked office door and note that they'd be "back in 5 mints". After 10 minutes I started pacing around office and the office desk boy who is hanging out on cellphone near car says 'oh...I didn't see you" and comes back across parkinglot to check me in.

He asks if I'm paying cash, he let's pit bull dog out of a back room to roam around me, and I get the weird feeling there is somethink funky going on here...or do I actually smell somethink funky?!

Key to room is exchanged and I decide to not carry anything to room...but to just go check it. My dissapointment was multiplied by shear exhaustion...and I was so disgusted. My room was like an old dumpy thrift store, and smelled just like one too. The bedding was gross...old stained, very worn. Black mildew around grout on tub. An inch under the door is open with wind coming in under door (freaky...what else is going to creap in?!) But thebolt clincher...an old metal ket that opens the door from the OUTSIDE only with nothing...absolutely nothing to deadbolt door from inside. So, whoever has copies of key can come right on in.

I leave the gross room...and present to the office where the young man actually agrees to refund my debit card because I state it is UNSAFE. I believe he complied because the police officer now in office would have assisted me if needed. The multiple ambulances and police cars were another layer of this hellish experience, but the hotel may or may not be able to stop what goes on in rooms.

This hotel is not what anyone booking an expensive beachfront property expects....it is like a hostel or worse.

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank wd7375
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This place is more Shabby than Chic! Run dont walk to another Hotel. The room smells like a fish tank! tiles falling off the walls, noisy, the hairdryer shot flames out the end. Furniture old and stained, pictures falling out of the frames towels 2 only (the size of hand towels) no wash cloths or hand towels, Hot room with no air conditioner or phone....Face it bad experience...I asked the staff for more towels and never got them. Expensive room for the quality. We wouldnt have stayed but it was graduation weekend at the college we were stuck!

Seriously stay away!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Stoneyd
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I went from these reviews and booked the "nicest" room in the place. When we got there, the folks running the place were sketchy, but we checked in anyway. When we went to the room it had food in the microwave from the previous guests, it smelled and looked dirty and the ceiling fan in the room (there was one in the picture) was gone and the wires were just hanging there. There were no curtains on the windows above the bath tub. We immediately went back to the desk clerk and asked for a refund. He told us he couldn't give it to us and gave me the owners name and phone number. The owner wouldn't answer his phone and his voice mail box was full so I couldn't leave a message. I went back to the desk clerk and he gave me the managers name and phone number and it was basically the same story, except I was able to leave a message for her. No one ever returned my calls and I am now disputing the charges on my credit card. We ended up staying at one of the other hotels with a beach view and although we paid a little bit more, I felt it was a much better value. I don't know what these people who are leaving good reviews saw, but this place is completly scummy.

Room Tip: There isn't one.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Krista C
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We strolled into town late at night looking for a place to stay over night not realizing where we were in Santa Barbara. They had vacancies and since it was so late we got a good deal. Front desk staff weren't the most professional, but there were nice. I know it's California, but was a little suprised to smell a strong "Purple Haze" kind of smell when I walked into the hotel office...thought it would have been from a guest room. Overall the room was very quaint and dated, except for the large flat screen tv and wifi. The decor was older, the beds are in need of being replaced and the bathroom shower head is good if your are 5'2" or under. But, the motel is right across from the beach and they have a great second floor open patio that was facing the ocean. When you take all of this into consideration I would rate this place average, if you are looking for a place to stay more than a few nights I would look somewhere else until they replace the beds.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family