“A hiiden gem”

Beach House Inn & Apartments
Ranked #6 of 18 Santa Barbara B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We stayed here during our drive up the west coast. The hosts were very helpful regarding what to see locally, they recommended a superb sea food restuarnt "Brophy's Bar "which was excellent. The room was spotlessly clean and a good size with a small kitchen and a fireplace for those travlling in Autumn/Winter. I would recoomend this for its peaceful setting and good value for money yet also very handy for town & the harbour.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 9, 2010

My daughter and I stayed there for two weeks. We were there relocating my daughter for college. Pam and Sandy were so much help to us.
The accommodations are beautiful, clean, calm and restful.
I will always stay at Beach House Inn when I go back to Santa Barbara.

I highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2010

When approaching the Beach House Inn I immediately felt comfortable. I felt as if I was home. The first room I stayed in was perfect. It had an extra bedroom for my daughter and a kitchenette for storing all your organic food from the local farmers market that you would be going to. The other room that I had the pleasure of switching to (due to someone else reserving the first room..No problem at all) had a lovely kitchen with a stove and all the appliances you need if you feel like cooking a lovely meal or just a simple breakfast. Sondra and her mother are welcoming and extremely kind!!! I recommend The Beach House Inn for any family, couples, or friends that are looking for an amazing place to stay! Oh and its right down the street from the beach and a trolley ride away from State Street!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2009

We felt very lucky to have found this small inn. Cleanliness is the first word that pops into my mind when I think of this motel/inn. Friendliness, convience of location, large rooms, and a wonderful grassy center courtyard where you could sit and enjoy a cup of coffee (very good coffee I would add) in the morning. We had our dog with us and we were welcomed by both the manager and other guests. We did feel like we were in a small family run inn. People sat in the courtyard. Eating meals that they had prepared in their kitchens, reading, working on their laptops, or just talking. In most hotels people stayed holded up in their rooms watching TV's (what else are you to do in a standard room other than sleep) But, with the grassy courtyard you could just relax and enjoy the conversation of other guests if you chose. This reminded me of a ski lodge that I stayed in in Vermont many years ago. No TVs in the rooms. People actually came out of their rooms and sat in front of the fireplace and talked. So refreshing. I really loved this place. Finally a place where I could bring my dog and it wasn't a sterile chain motel. Again, I really liked this place.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CFMCKR
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We travelled to SB with our 2 children aged 2y6m and 4y6m. Therefore we were keen to find somewhere that was family friendly, clean and had separate bedrooms for us and the kids. We also wanted to be located in a top location. We never dreamed we would find what we wanted for a reasonable price. Room 12 at The Beach House Inn was all of this - although it was way more than a room. We got a huge kitchen and dining area, a huge living area with 2 Queen sleeper sofas and a large flate screen TV, a huge King size bedroom for us (with another flat screen TV) and a lovely modern bathroom. Then there was a lovely patio with tables and chairs and a good sized walk-in-wardrobe area. The location was superb - 5 mins walk away was a wading pool (free for the kids!) and an Olympic size pool. Then theres the beach and the wharf within very easy reach as well. The management went out of their way to help us with everything we needed. We cant say enough about tis place - for the affordable price, the size of the accommodation and the location, you cant do better.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2009

My husband and I stay in this lovely hotel almost every other weekend. The rooms are beautiful, very clean, the service is superior and the staff is always friendly and very helpful. My husband and I can afford to stay in more expensive hotels but we wouldn't even consider it!! I have also never seen any bugs let alone bed bugs! Very highly recommended!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Quenemum
Reviewed April 5, 2009

My husband and I have been staying at the Beach house Inn for 8 winters (1/15-4/15 each year). It is our home away from home for several reasons. The manager is not only professional, attentive and accommodating, but she (and her husband) are friendly and treat us more like acquaintances than hotel guests. Our accommodation is newly redecorated, comfortable, spacious and filled with sunlight. We have a private enclosed patio in which our dog enjoys her own personal space. A courtyard is in the center of the complex and is complete with palm trees, beautiful flowers, and warbling birds. It's also a nice place to visit with other guests, many of whom are interesting foreign visitors. The daily maid service is impeccable. The location is ideal: it's a short walk to the harbor and West Beach, it's convenient to State Street shopping and downtown restaurants, and it's only a 10-minute walk along Cabrillo Boulevard to Stearns Wharf. We always look forward to our Santa Barbara winters mainly because of the ambiance of the Beach House Inn and the courteous professionalism of its staff.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple