All reviewsfull kitchenstate streetgarden courtyardgas fireplacetwo blocksseparate kitchenhome away from homequiet neighborhoodour favorite place to staywalking distanceliving roomcouple blocksa king size bedcoffee makerprivate patiodowntown areashort walk to the beach
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We travelled to SB with our 2 children aged 2y6m and 4y6m. Therefore we were keen to find somewhere that was family friendly, clean and had separate bedrooms for us and the kids. We also wanted to be located in a top location. We never dreamed we would find what we wanted for a reasonable price. Room 12 at The Beach House Inn was all of this - although it was way more than a room. We got a huge kitchen and dining area, a huge living area with 2 Queen sleeper sofas and a large flate screen TV, a huge King size bedroom for us (with another flat screen TV) and a lovely modern bathroom. Then there was a lovely patio with tables and chairs and a good sized walk-in-wardrobe area. The location was superb - 5 mins walk away was a wading pool (free for the kids!) and an Olympic size pool. Then theres the beach and the wharf within very easy reach as well. The management went out of their way to help us with everything we needed. We cant say enough about tis place - for the affordable price, the size of the accommodation and the location, you cant do better.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2009

My husband and I stay in this lovely hotel almost every other weekend. The rooms are beautiful, very clean, the service is superior and the staff is always friendly and very helpful. My husband and I can afford to stay in more expensive hotels but we wouldn't even consider it!! I have also never seen any bugs let alone bed bugs! Very highly recommended!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Quenemum
Reviewed April 5, 2009

My husband and I have been staying at the Beach house Inn for 8 winters (1/15-4/15 each year). It is our home away from home for several reasons. The manager is not only professional, attentive and accommodating, but she (and her husband) are friendly and treat us more like acquaintances than hotel guests. Our accommodation is newly redecorated, comfortable, spacious and filled with sunlight. We have a private enclosed patio in which our dog enjoys her own personal space. A courtyard is in the center of the complex and is complete with palm trees, beautiful flowers, and warbling birds. It's also a nice place to visit with other guests, many of whom are interesting foreign visitors. The daily maid service is impeccable. The location is ideal: it's a short walk to the harbor and West Beach, it's convenient to State Street shopping and downtown restaurants, and it's only a 10-minute walk along Cabrillo Boulevard to Stearns Wharf. We always look forward to our Santa Barbara winters mainly because of the ambiance of the Beach House Inn and the courteous professionalism of its staff.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2009

I was in Santa Barbara for pleasure and I stayed at The Beach House Inn, it was in a perfect location. I was close to State Street for all my shopping and wonderful restaurants. I was 2 blocks from the beach. I didn't even need to use my car all weekend. The service was subperb and rooms were very clean and it's affordable you will feel like your at home.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 22, 2009

We stayed here during a rainy weekend in November. Our room was advertised as a "family suite". The king bed took up most of the small main room, and down the short hall was a spartan second bedroom with two twin beds, no heat or TV and a dresser that looked like it was picked up at the local thrift store. All room heat was provided by the gas fireplace, so prepare for Burger King nightmares if you need the heat on while you sleep. There was a refrigerator and microwave and coffee maker but no coffee! Coffee was provided in a press pot put outside the office window whenever the innkeeper happened to wake up in the morning. We brought our dog along, and I would say this establishment is dog tolerant rather than dog friendly. Read the list of "rules" before you book, and be aware of the hefty pet fee. While waiting for the coffee to appear each morning, I walked our dog around the neighborhood and spotted many other small motels with bountiful offerings of breads, muffins, tea, coffee etc. for their guests. Many of these also appeared to accept dogs. We paid over $250 per night during a time most hotels were offering rooms at discounts. Some of the units at this place appear to house long term residents, so perhaps the hotel business is not the main effort. Much better options are available for the price we paid.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Anandala
SBBHI, Manager at Beach House Inn & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2009

We love to communicate with our guests, don't hesitate and talk to us during your stay.

Fireplaces easily operated with thermostat.

In room coffee is available upon request.
Morning coffee, Monday through Friday served by 6:00am; Friday, Saturday and Holidays served between 7 and 7:30 am
Our pet fee is $10.00 per pet per night.
Our courtyard is enjoyed by humans and pets alike, conversations flow easy, but to keep this peaceful atmosphere , there is a need for pet rules.
As in every hotel business, prices change, depending on season and holidays.

We are an inn, not a regular rental. It might feel that way, since everybody seems to know each other. Our guests, many Repeats, feel at home at the Beach House Inn.
Come stay with us and find out the vintage dressers interesting history and feel at home in our newly redecorated rooms.