“Sweet home away from from home with family friendly folks!”

Beach House Inn & Apartments
Ranked #6 of 18 Santa Barbara B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is a very nice, easy to find treasure, walking distance to train with an extra discount provided for travelers without a car! I was not at first thought happy about being so far from the beach (3 blocks) but found the walk very pleasant and safe even after sunset as a lone female traveler. The rooms were spacious and clean, beds comfy and well appointed. The fireplace added a hominess not found in the bigger chains. As well the owners and front desk crew were amiable, helpful with directions and had great coffee and fixings available on the deck at first light. I met some wonderful people hanging out in the garden area, which was rich in fabulous blooms and auditory and olfactory delights! I WILL be going again

Room Tip: I liked room #6 with the lil kitchen and fridge for my wine!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Found this place by asking at the tourist information office on our drive up the coast and just needing one nights accommodation. Harder to find than first thought as its behind the railway so the road is staggered. Friendly service with a nice little garden for breakfast. No meals available but a local market around the corner and a fully equipped kitchen. Coffee provided for free every morning in the garden. We seemed to be the only family without a dog, so dog friendly. One block behind the main drag and about 10 mins from the downtown area.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We wanted to do a last minute overnight trip to Santa Barbara for our 6yr wedding anniversary. I called a few places and this seemed to fit the price location and not to mention they are dog friendly.

When we got there the room was very very clean nicely decorated and it had a small separate kitchen area.

The two ladies who ran the place were very pleasant and accommodating.

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed in room 6 which is one of the apartments and it was very clean and spatious. There is a large kitchen, living room, and bedroom. The courtyard is adorable and very inviting. The management is very nice and informative about activities in the city. I would definitely recommend this to others and will stay here again in the future. It is dog friendly and is in walking distance to the park and beach.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I was googling and found this hotel since they allow dogs. I read the reviews here and most were right on. One guy could not understand why this hotel has high marks and said reviewers here never stayed at a luxe hotel – Mauna Kea and Four Seasons. I had to laugh – you can’t compare a privately owned cottage style hotel to a 5 star virtuoso hotel. Anyways – most people stated they liked the friendly owner and managers and the rooms were clean, and reasonable where you can bring any kind of your 4 legged friend. No pet charge or extra cleaning charge for the dog.

I stayed a couple of nights and could not be any happier. Greeted by a wonderful manager, check-in was easy and she was helpful on any questions.

It is conveniently located a couple of streets up the beach off the main beach street Cabrillo Dr, close to State St., and that is 2mi from famous East Beach and it’s volleyball courts. It’s location is close to Sambo’s for breakfast, Shoreline Café by City College and the SB boardwalk and close enough to walk your dog to the breakwater.

It is set in a quiet neighborhood, and cottage style rooms arranged in a U shape. As you can see there are outside chairs, and tables to enjoy.

The hotel Free Parking out back (very nice in SB) with a couple covered parking spots – free wifi – and coffee in the morning. I stayed in room #6 and loved it!!!

It had a full kitchen with a toaster and everything!! If you wanted you could hit the store and cook all your breakfast or meals right there. In summer you can have lunch outside at the outside tables.
This is perfect for the traveler with food allergies and/or looking to control their diet or save money on eating out in many of the restaurants in SB since many are very expensive.

There is a kitchen table, large living room with 2 couches, with internet desk, big flat screen TV and a fake gas fireplace, that helped heat the room, and ceiling fan. There was a large dressing room – with a large bathroom with a shower tub. There was a bedroom with a queen bed, another fire place, and also a flat screen TV and ceiling fan.

The linens were fresh and 500 / 600 thread count and very comfy bed, and I would discount the comments about that in reviews.

I was not here in the summer - but no air conditioner. If I was booked here just load a fan - and a small BBQ too. Usually SB is not that hot in the summer that close to the beach.

I would recommend it for single travelers, couples, and families with teenage kids. It is a small hotel and really is not suited for large groups. If your looking for a nice place in SB that is reasonable and you can bring your pup, this is your place. It has lots of character and did not really want to write this review since I know it will only get booked full more.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The three nights we spent here were ideal . . . we had our King Charles Spaniel and two young granddaughters. We could not have picked a better place. Location was perfect, accommodations were excellent, staff was super friendly. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: Room 1A was perfect for four guests.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank pearsoninmarin
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Our review of The Beach House Inn is long overdue and I apologize for the delay (illness in my family). Because my husband and I enjoyed our stay just as much as we appreciated the kind and caring owner, Pam and her daughter, we HAD to share our relaxing, memorable weekend with Trip Advisor followers! For people who enjoy private, quiet and relaxing surroundings, The Beach House Inn is the place to stay. We had a fireplace, a comfy bed, a fridge and a private patio with a garden view! There was also fresh coffee (aw...that great aroma) in the morning and free DVD rental in the evening! Parking was provided (and free)! Great places to eat within walking distance. Pam's suggestions for activities to do in Santa Barbara and other places to visit were the best! And, if you have a dog, then your dog will also have a memorable experience! Thank you, Pam, for making our first stay in Santa Barbara the best! We'll be back in a few months for a longer stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple