All reviewsfull kitchenstate streetgarden courtyardgas fireplacetwo blocksseparate kitchenhome away from homequiet neighborhoodour favorite place to staywalking distanceliving roomcouple blocksa king size bedcoffee makerprivate patiodowntown areashort walk to the beach
Reviewed November 9, 2007

Nice location near beach and a park for the dog in the morning. We went hiking (with the dog) most of the day and enjoyed the easy atmosphere when we returned. Staff were great - reserved but chatty if you wanted to talk. All in all, an ideal place to stay and a bonus that it allows dogs.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank qqqaaaqqq
Reviewed July 22, 2007

The Beach House is my favourite place to stay! On my first visit, I stayed alone with my dog because I wanted to get away to work on my dissertation. The hotel management were extraordinarily welcoming and astute at recognizing my needs - giving me privacy if I needed it while at the same time always making themselves available at the points that I wanted suggestions of local beaches etc. I became familiar with the less touristy places in Santa Barbara. Everyone that I have taken back have loved the Santa Barbara that I now know and this is due in large part to the Beach House. Since that first stay, I have been back with my husband, with parents, and most recently with a group of women for a birthday getaway. The amazing thing is how accomodating the Beach House have been whatever the configeration. I can wholeheartedly say that everyone has loved their stay there and have commented on how clean and spacious the rooms are.
This hotel is rare because they welcome dogs and families-it is similar to renting a beach house, only it is more affordable - each room has a kitchen and there are several apartments on the premises. The hotel management truly care about making you feel comfortable which I have also heard reflected in other guests' comments. Obviously a rave review for a place that I will continue to go back to.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2007

What a charming place! It looks a bit old (but not rundown) on the outside, but it has a pretty, welcoming lawn. Our room was totally modern - recently renovated, I'm guessing - huge, with a comfortable king-size bed and a fireplace, plus a separate kitchen. We slept with the windows open (no air conditioning needed here) and felt safe, comfortable, and relaxed. It's a conveniently located little motel - within walking distance to the beach and State Street, but on a quiet, residential street. And they accept dogs! The only improvement would be small things like including a blow drier in the room, but other than that, this is a great place to stay.

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank Grapecrush
Reviewed April 2, 2007

My husband and I had to leave our home suddenly and move to Santa Barbara WITH our pets for about a month. If it weren't for the Beach House, we aren't sure what we would have done. The managers were so helpful and accomodating of us and our pets and the apartments AND rooms are very very nice(We stayed in both) and we stayed at the hotel long enough that we KNOW it's a great place to stay for short or long term. Every day we would walk to the beach in a couple of minutes. The location couldn't be beat. The managers were so friendly and even gave us a special rate due to our circumstances. The rooms were nice with nice furnishings and kitchens. Basically, if they hadn't taken us in, with our pets, we don't know what we would have done. The prices were reasonable as well. And when we moved, they actually sent us some mail that had been sent to them. VERY CLASSY people work there.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lighttravel
Reviewed August 6, 2006

End of July I stayed a couple of days at Beach House Inn. During the last years I already stayed several times there and I enjoyed it very much.
It is ideally located - close to the beach and close to downtown State street.
The rooms are very clean. Especially the new renovated ones are very cosy and nice furnished. In addition there is a nice lawn where you can have lunch, read a book or just relax.
My experience with the front desk personal was very positiv; they helped out with lots of information about the local attractions, were very friendly and helpful.

All in all I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled solo