All reviews full kitchen state street garden courtyard gas fireplace two blocks separate kitchen home away from home quiet neighborhood our favorite place to stay walking distance living room couple blocks a king size bed coffee maker private patio downtown area short walk to the beach
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is our second stay at this location. this time we had the king suite. It was perfect for the 3 of us. With a fireplace in the main room and master bed room it was quite cozy with the cold wind blowing outside. it has a full kitchen and dining area as well. Everyone working there is so nice and helpful. I know i wont hesitate to book there again. we took an afternoon trip to solvang to visit friends ,, and went to the natural history museum .. that was Fantastic !! Thanks so much to the owners/managers for a terriffic stay. the coffee in the morning and videos for use at night are a + !!

Room Tip: there is no fitness center .. but you can walk all over right outside your door !
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2013

After living in Santa Barbara for many years I have to come back every now and then. I have stayed at many hotels with my "papzilla" Hooper, a very large papillon. He can be very opinionated but loved the Beach House. We stayed in Room 4, a cozy king sized bed and small kitchen. I'm used to traffic noise (didn't hear any) and the sound of the fog horn was muted. I felt very comfortable in the neighborhood and the dog park and streets were great for Hooper who is older and has to "sniff around" more often. Definately a gem that I almost want to keep to myself.Great restaurants within walking distance and the staff were wonderful. I'm making another reservation as soon as I am finished with this! One last thing... the rates don't change to reflect tourist season like they do at so many other hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Linette S
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Room 11 with patio, king bed. Clean. Very dog friendly for all sized dogs. Clean. Friendly staff. Near dog beach. Near everything. Great bed. Very relaxing atmosphere. One hint; Bring earplugs if you're a particularly light sleeper. Train goes by periodically and fog horn sounds some nights. I'm a very light sleeper but with earplugs I heard nothing. Loved this place and will definitely go back. No question! Oh, did I mention how clean it is? lol

Room Tip: Highly recommend room 11 with the patio.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bettysketti
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Clean, comfortable and convenient ... who could ask for more? The staff is friendly and attentive to your needs; Pam and Sandra were especially helpful. If you're looking for a nice quiet getaway w/ Fido, this is the place to stay. There's a city park less than a block away that's great for you and the dog.

Room Tip: Everything you read about Room 11 is true! It's the place to stay ... tucked away and with its own private patio. Even better - there's a vacuum cleaner in the room (way cool for the Virgos out there!).
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was here for a brief overnight during my first long road-trip with the terrier girls. We were on our way to pick up a rescue dog. Definitely plan to try it again when I'm back in Santa Barbara. I love having my dogs with me and the owners & front desk were very nice to my tired & cranky dogs.

Definitely agree with the other reviewers on Room #11 - it's a hideaway with that patio! The room is spacious with a comfy big bed (the pillows could be a little softer for longer stays). Love the gas fireplace! The TV & cable options are nice. The pink bathroom is great (50s vibe with big tub).

Getting to The Beach House Inn is easy - it's not far from 101. Parking in back is surprisingly huge. Being new to Santa Barbara, it is nice to be off the street. Note if you are a light sleeper like me, you can hear the whoosh of traffic in the background at night, at least from Room #11. I would have loved to have turned off the outdoor light too. The windows have coverings but the one over the bed needs more to keep the room dark.

There were other dogs there but I only heard them (briefly) when walking past with my dogs. Like my dogs, the jingle jangle of tags produces a bark here or there. Otherwise, you wouldn't know that dogs were there.

They gave me a long list of dog-friendly restaurants close by, but after a long trip, I just wanted to eat & crash. They pointed me at Lazy Acres (local WholeFoods equivalent) which I drove to (with the girls in the car). It was a pleasant drive through a nice neighborhood. I was glad to have the little fridge in the room so I could store juice and a bottle of wine, as well as left-overs.

All in all worth another visit, especially since the owners are supporters of rescued dogs!

Room Tip: Room #11 for the private patio. I think it's the only one on the upper level.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo