All reviews full kitchen state street garden courtyard gas fireplace two blocks separate kitchen home away from home quiet neighborhood our favorite place to stay walking distance living room couple blocks a king size bed coffee maker private patio downtown area short walk to the beach
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Room 11 with patio, king bed. Clean. Very dog friendly for all sized dogs. Clean. Friendly staff. Near dog beach. Near everything. Great bed. Very relaxing atmosphere. One hint; Bring earplugs if you're a particularly light sleeper. Train goes by periodically and fog horn sounds some nights. I'm a very light sleeper but with earplugs I heard nothing. Loved this place and will definitely go back. No question! Oh, did I mention how clean it is? lol

Room Tip: Highly recommend room 11 with the patio.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bettysketti
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Clean, comfortable and convenient ... who could ask for more? The staff is friendly and attentive to your needs; Pam and Sandra were especially helpful. If you're looking for a nice quiet getaway w/ Fido, this is the place to stay. There's a city park less than a block away that's great for you and the dog.

Room Tip: Everything you read about Room 11 is true! It's the place to stay ... tucked away and with its own private patio. Even better - there's a vacuum cleaner in the room (way cool for the Virgos out there!).
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was here for a brief overnight during my first long road-trip with the terrier girls. We were on our way to pick up a rescue dog. Definitely plan to try it again when I'm back in Santa Barbara. I love having my dogs with me and the owners & front desk were very nice to my tired & cranky dogs.

Definitely agree with the other reviewers on Room #11 - it's a hideaway with that patio! The room is spacious with a comfy big bed (the pillows could be a little softer for longer stays). Love the gas fireplace! The TV & cable options are nice. The pink bathroom is great (50s vibe with big tub).

Getting to The Beach House Inn is easy - it's not far from 101. Parking in back is surprisingly huge. Being new to Santa Barbara, it is nice to be off the street. Note if you are a light sleeper like me, you can hear the whoosh of traffic in the background at night, at least from Room #11. I would have loved to have turned off the outdoor light too. The windows have coverings but the one over the bed needs more to keep the room dark.

There were other dogs there but I only heard them (briefly) when walking past with my dogs. Like my dogs, the jingle jangle of tags produces a bark here or there. Otherwise, you wouldn't know that dogs were there.

They gave me a long list of dog-friendly restaurants close by, but after a long trip, I just wanted to eat & crash. They pointed me at Lazy Acres (local WholeFoods equivalent) which I drove to (with the girls in the car). It was a pleasant drive through a nice neighborhood. I was glad to have the little fridge in the room so I could store juice and a bottle of wine, as well as left-overs.

All in all worth another visit, especially since the owners are supporters of rescued dogs!

Room Tip: Room #11 for the private patio. I think it's the only one on the upper level.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Our new favorite place for our dogs and us. Restful! We will be back. The Beach House is our new home away from home. Wonderfully Californian, charmingly English. Love the gas fire in the rooms and every amenity is provided for you.

Room Tip: If you have dogs, Room 11 is for you. Lovely balcony for you and the dogs to hang out.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This place is great if you have a pet and kids (or neither), and wish to be within walking distance of the harbor, Stearns Wharf, State St, the beach. The accommodations are very clean, well kept, and include a kitchen (stocked with plates, cookware etc!), Wi-fi, and TV...not to mention a small grassy courtyard should you just need to relax, breathe in the fresh air and enjoy the sun outside your room. The staff is extremely friendly and welcoming. My family and I were out and about most of the time - and if one were to crave a swimming pool (instead of the beach) there is a public pool just blocks away on the beach. The hotel is situated on a quiet street in a nice neighborhood, instead of on a main road. We've stayed here 4 times to date, and it's our top choice should we return to Santa Barbara.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family