All reviewsfull kitchenstate streetgarden courtyardgas fireplacetwo blocksseparate kitchenhome away from homequiet neighborhoodour favorite place to staywalking distanceliving roomcouple blocksa king size bedcoffee makerprivate patiodowntown areashort walk to the beach
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The Beach House Inn was just what I needed.......I live in the Los Angeles/Orange County area, I hadn't had any time off in months and was in desperate need of quiet and relaxation and found exactly what I needed. The quaint courtyard with cool breeze from the nearby ocean was perfect for relaxing with a glass of wine and a good book.
My husband and I stayed in a 1bedroom suite, which had a fully equipped kitchen, dining room and living room with a big screen TV, dvd player and gas burning fireplace in the living room and the bedroom, there were ceiling fans in all rooms, we were always comfortable.
The staff here is very pleasant and accomodating. We are already planning our next trip back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clopour08
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Pros.......As others have stated these rooms are super clean, big screen TVs, the kitchens are very nice to have, good parking, a big selection of DVDs to select from, lots of small details that makes your stay comfortable. There were 2 nice chairs with ottomans in our 2 bed room, also 2 luggage racks, a small dressing area with many drawers, a big mirror and closet space. The owners were very accommodating, they went out of their way to help.

Cons......No air conditioning ..I don't know if this September is an unusually warm month in Santa Barbara, but the lack of air conditioning was a problem even with 2 fans going. Also the beds, linens and pillows were lacking, not super bad, but for what we paid, they were lacking.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms that the afternoon sun hits, with no a/c you'll regret it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank texasgran2
Reviewed September 14, 2012

What a wonderful Inn the Beach House is ... My husband and I were welcomed by not only letting us check in early ( noon ) but was allowed to check out two different rooms .. I highly recommend #11 ... wonderful patio upstairs, bright and airey and roomy, but most of all immaculate!!! Most places in beach towns are not known for clean rooms this was unbelievably clean. The owner and her daughter were more than helpful with eating establishments. If you happen to be staying on a Tuesday, you must hit State Street Farmer's Market, never been to a more wonderful one, best in country! From the morning coffee to the night time DVD's they put out, the beach house inn, is such a wonderful place, we already are looking into coming back in a month, this time taking Amtrak from LA ... and they are affliated with Carfree ... which i wish more cities would do ... better rates for those who do not come in a car ... and if you like clam chowder, go to Brophy's on the wharf ... you can walk from the inn ...

Room Tip: Room 11 has a private patio with really well cushioned chairs and lounger and table, upstairs, quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The Beach House Inn is the ideal place to stay in Santa Barbara! Not only does the Inn have a beautifully manicured courtyard with an overabundance of comfortable furniture, but it also has the small things that make it feel like home. It's all in the details: from the plushness of the towels to Hampton Bay fans, kitchen with all imaginable amenities, large screen TV, fireplace, friendliness of the staff to the room cleaning attendants.... I'll definitely stay here on my next trip to SB

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This was our second visit to The Beach House Inn. Great location for access to State St. shopping and dining and only a short walk to the ocean. Very clean and comfortable and our two dogs really enjoy the friendly inn keepers and the beautiful grass courtyard. With dogs we enjoy having a kitchen for food storage and prep. The other guests are usually return customers who have been enjoying this gem for many years. Always great recommendations for dog friendly dining locations. We are booked in again next week for another great time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family