“Overpriced and breakfast is horrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Oasis Inn & Suites

Oasis Inn & Suites
Ranked #42 of 51 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Ottawa, Canada
“Overpriced and breakfast is horrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2007

We paid $229/night for a standard 2 double beds, which was outrageous to begin with (but nothing else was available). While this hotel (really a motel) is fairly well-maintained, the rooms were small (and old), and the hotel is located on a busy loud street.

What really made me want to write the horrible review was their 'free breakfast', which consisted of a few baskets of fruit juice, bananas/oranges, and wrapped danishes. That's it...no yogourt, cereal, milk or coffee (they claim that coffee is available in the rooms - which ended up tasting horrible).

Essentially, if I had paid $130/night and had not been promised a free breakfast I would have been satisfied . But at $229/night with promise of a free breakfast, well that was definitely not worth it.

Stayed August 2007
4 Thank Cdngirl76

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2006

A very nice place to stay at. Very friendly staff. The rooms could have been slightly bigger... they were clean, though.
Breakfast was pretty good. Nothing really was missing: bagels, cereals, coffee, juices, fruits, etc...
Parking was free.

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2005

We made the mistake of staying at this hotel on Labor Day weekend. There was a party right below our room. We called the management desk twice. Once at 2 am and agian at 4am. They did not answer the phone either time. We spoke to the owner the next morning over the phone. I asked that he refund the charge or that night - he declined. I told him I would be posting this experience at as many places as I could to warn people about his lack of cooperation and and his managements lack of responsiveness to the needs of thier guests. After a night of no sleep we had to drive eight hours. It was horrendous.

Stayed September 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Santa Barbara hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2004

Terrible !!
VERY Smokey & small room. Funny, even the parking spaces were small.
We looked forward to our first visit to Santa Barbara. Our niece was
graduating from UCSB this weekend. My sister had arranged hotel rooms
for us all at the rate of $169 per night. At this rate, we thought it
might be a nice Bed & Breakfast inn. How disappointed we were upon
entering the room. The cigarette odor was unbearable. We spent the
next two days here with the fan blowing continuously. I immediately
asked the office if they had any room spray available. I was told
they hadn't any, and were not sympathetic at all to my concern. I
then made a trip to the local 7-11 to buy them out of Lisol and a couple'
'new car' smell hangers. It didn't do much for the pillows, sheets
and blankets, however.

Needless to say, we won't stay here again.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2004

We have stayed here twice now within the last 8 months. My wife loves it here. We once lived in S.B. and love to go there for relaxation.
This is a nice older motel on upper state that is clean and friendly.
Sure beats paying $140.00 + per night a few blocks away. Save the money and go to the Tee Off lounge which is just a couple of blocks up on State St. Prime rib to die for!

9 Thank thebaghwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2003

I recently went to Santa Barbara, Ca to visit a few of my very good friends. It was a weekend and realized that weekends in Santa Barbara are very busy with tourists. It was very hard to find a motel/hotel to stay at. I hadn't made any reservations, which probably would have been smart, however I found the San Roque Motel and all my worries were over. The price was lower than almost all the other places I went to, but the quality of the place was great. The rooms were clean and they had a refreshing pool to cool down in the hot heat. I enjoyed muffins, coffee, and orange juice in the morning. I would recommend anyone who is going to the Santa Barbara area to go to the San Roque Motel.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member