“Pretty gardens not so pretty cost”
Review of Oasis Inn & Suites

Oasis Inn & Suites
Ranked #42 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Sydney
“Pretty gardens not so pretty cost”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Youch..... This is the most expensive two nights in the whole of our vacation of 32 nights. At $240 nightly I would have expected a lot more than offered at the Oasis. Not sure if this is a pet friendly hotel but my partner spent the two days dosed up on zirtec due to allergies and given the cost one would have expected the breakfast to have been a little more extensive. The location was excellent and without realising we had landed in Santa Barbara in the middle of the Old Spanish Festival which was great to see. The best time was our trip to Los Olivos and Solvang - more on these locations in my other posts.

On the good side, the gardens at this hotel are immaculate and the pool pristine although a little too cool to enjoy. However, I think I would consider other options in future visits to Santa Barbara, which is a location we will return to again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Pembroke Pines
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect after reading the reviews which are mixed but favorable for the most part. Because of the location & the price, I decided to take a chance. This is not your typical style motel as you can see by the photos. I did follow the room tips & asked for a room near the office & the pool which was a good choice. The location is on a busy street (State) but this really doesn't cause a problem. There is adequate parking & noise was not an issue. The grounds are very nice with small, somewhat segregated, sitting areas which lend themselves to family gatherings for a meal or a drink. The pool area is rather plain but clean & adequate with a privacy hedge around. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the TV adequate, but floor area very small with only one chair. (We spent little time in the room.) The bathroom was also very small, but had been redone & was very fresh looking. (The shower would not accomodate a very heavy individual). The breakfast was satisfactory - muffins, bagels, bread to toast, packaged pastries, fruit cups, & fresh fruit, cereal, juice, coffee & tea. The staff was very pleasant & helpful, especially Tatiana & Mike. Special compliments to them. A few last comments about the location - across the street from shops & restaurants, & about 10 to 15 minutes from the heart of Santa Barbara. The rates were very good during the week, but increase quite a bit on the weekend.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool & office. Rates go way up on the weekend.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just spent the night in SB, arrived earlier than normal check-in after a long drive and was very accommodated by excellent Front Desk staff. Rooms that are around office and pool seem the quietest, being dog friendly is a HUGE PLUS! Not a 4 Star hotel, but the price and location across from a wonderful market/grocer and cafes is awesome. Easy drive from 101 and short drive to Downtown and on to the Beach.

Clean and basic, but also by far the cheapest in the high season for Santa Barbara!

Room Tip: Definitely choose the single story around the pool...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RobM1955
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My friend and I have been traveling the California coast spending a night in each major city. I booked the room here directly through their website a few weeks in advance and received a confirmation email. When driving to the location after a long day of travel I received a call from this establishment. We were about 20 minutes away at approximately 7:30 pm and they told us they hadn't scheduled our reservation. There was no room for us! We were told we could stay at a few other nearby places for a higher rate. I told them I wouldn't be responsible for the difference. I told them I'd speak to them when I arrived. They kept calling my cell while I was driving! When we got there he had found a room at a motel a few blocks away for a similar rate ($2.50 more not worth argument) and that we could go there and book it ourselves. We were offered to come back in the morning for their continental breakfast and pool since the place we were going to didn't have either and not even real coffee. They said if we ever came back they would give us 10% off! Like I'd bother if I ever make it back there. We are from new York and may never be in California again! I could not believe they didn't do anything more to make up for the inconvenience. So disappointing and frustrating after a long day to show up with no room!

Stayed June 2013

Travelers are raving about these Santa Barbara hotels

Dublin,
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Spent one night there with my wife on my way to San Francisco. Room is basic and aircon is noisy but it was a good size with a kitchenette and comfortable bed. Got a good nights rest before continuing up the coast. Friendly helpful staff, who were more than happy to help out with suggestions of things to do and directions. Nice sized clean pool in the garden which offers another area to relax in. Shops directly across the road offer anything that was forgotten. Breakfast was basic, but had all the essentials. All in all gave me what I was looking for a good nights rest in a comfortable quiet location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blomdan
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We arrived at night in search of a motel before traveling to the airport.
The room we recieved had it's own little private entrance. It was clean and well kept.
Our surprise was in daylight when we saw the grounds.
There is a lovely pool and the gardens are very well maintained with paths running through them.
If I come back in warmer weather I would definitely consider staying here.
Great atmosphere (usually we just look for a place to go to sleep and leave in the morning).

Room Tip: Ask for one on the reception's side.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Miki1310
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I'm sorry to write a negative review, but this place was very disappointing. My family and I only stayed here for one night, on our way down the California Coast. Santa Barbara seems to have particularly expensive hotels, compared to other areas of the state. We were very disappointed in this hotel -- it seemed to us that the furniture was scuffed and dirty looking, the breakfast food was scant and inedible, and the place didn't seemed well-cared for. We thought that for the price, and compared to other budget motels we tried, this hotel was substandard. However, if you must stay here, the location is fine and there is a great Thai restaurant just a few doors down the street.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family