“Only because of the parking space!” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Beach
Ranked #45 of 51 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Vienna, Austria
“Only because of the parking space!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We chose the Hotel 6 in Santa Barbara because it is very difficult to find a parking space for a RV with the Hotel in this city. The staff was very friendly but the rooms are very unloving and uncomfortable and the bed linen was dirty. It is quite far away from the "city center" but very near to the beautiful beach, ok for one night because of the parking problem with the RV but we will avoid Hotel 6 in the future if possible.......

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Santa Cruz, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is a good stop if you're travelling with dogs because it's just a short block from a great beach.The rooms though small and very basic, have no fridge or microwave but having no carpet is an advantage with wet sandy paws.Also, the staff are very dog friendly. You'd probably need more space if you have more than one dog, unless they're very small. Our room had two beds leaving barely enough floor space for our dog's bed.

Room Tip: some upstairs rooms have ocean views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Doesn't have the usual motel amenities (no freezer, cofee machine, microwave, hair drier or shampoo). It is clean and functional though, but for 145 (w tax), you expect more. Oh, and it doesn't have breakfast neither.

• Stayed November 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our room was very small, and I don't really need alot of space. It was OK for our one night but if you were staying with multiple people for mulitple nights it might be a bit snug. Beds weren't very comfortable. It was clean however and only a few steps away from the beach.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SaraK987
Belfast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Booked this hotel based on the relative cost compared with others in the area.
At $175 for a Saturday night I have to say, it was overpriced for what was offered.
We had a clean room with a nice sea view and the proximity to the beach cannot be faulted.
The room was modern, however the mattress was extremely thin and uncomfortable, I could have done with another pillow as well. The room was very small, with barely enough room for two people to open a suitcase each.
Very easy access to the beach but wouldn't recommend staying here without a car as there did not appear to be any restaurants within easy walking distance. When asking reception, we were told we needed to drive to find a restaurant.
The cleaners entered our room with no warning or knocking over an hour before check out time - there are no 'do not disturb' signs, however a knock would most definitely have been appreciated!
No fridge or microwave and wifi has to be paid for.
While I liked the beach location and the room was clean, I feel it was overpriced given the very limited facilities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I booked this Motel 6 for one night, so I wasn't concerned with all the frills and cost of other (higher-dollar) motels. However, when I say "No frills" I wasn't including lack of service, beds that mirrored an Army barracks or absolutely no toiletries or even a coffee maker. This is also the first motel I've stayed in that requires up-front payment...at $175.00 per night - and now I know why!

I arrived at the motel at time of check-in and my room wasn't ready... I was told to go to lunch and when I returned my room would be ready. We returned from our (late) lunch an hour and a half later and were told they 'forgot' to get a room ready for us... My wife and I had to sit by the pool for another hour for a room to be ready. We got into the room and the A/C hadn't been turned on, so it was over 90F in the room. The sheets had cigarette burn holes in them and the bedspreads were dirt stained. After entering the room, a maintenance worker began to demolish concrete in front of our room with a crowbar...this when on for at least an hour! My wife decided to take a shower and noticed that she couldn't lock the bathroom (mini double-swinging) doors - as there were no locks on them??? My wife and I went out to met some friends for dinner and returned to the motel at 8pm. We found the room next to us full of drunken college students throwing things at our common wall, and above us, unruly children running and jumping. I understand that the staff doesn't pick the patrons, but nothing was done to stop this rude behavior, which was noticable to all patons. At 9pm, my wife and I had enough and elected to do the three and a half hour drive home for our sanity! Thank you so much Motel 6 for a wonderful experience. You can rest assure I will NEVER be back - or EVER use a Motel 6 again!

Room Tip: Go to another motel chain!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Alpine18

Travelers are raving about these Santa Barbara hotels

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This motel is located just across from the beach so cannot argue with the location. Room was tidy and fresh just as you need. No fridge or microwave but that was not a deal breaker. Lots of information available in the reception so good for the first time visitor.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple