“nice meal.”

Cross street: Santa Barbara
Dundee, United Kingdom
“nice meal.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The starters were nice.I tasted the leek fritters, cauliflower,beets and shaved carrots ,all of which were flavoursome.However, I was letdown by my main of trout with giant couscous.The fish lacked any flavour as did the broth it came with.The grapefruit sorbet however was delicious.I was disappointed with my tea and my sister was less than impressed with the coffee.Good wine list and a convival atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013

“Should be 6s across the board.”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Best restaurant I have eaten at!! Enough said we got the 5 course tasting menu. You choose from anything on the menu.

Dallas, TX
“Delicious”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was just delicious!! After a long day out in Santa Barbara, this was a great end of the day. We sat down and saw the smoked mussels on the menu. We ordered them just for fun, and it was mind blowing. We couldn't stop eating. We kept the brine on the table and dipped our bread in it. We also experimented again with the bone marrow. Again, fantastic. The flavor combination was unexpected, and I couldn't get enough. My main course was the pork belly ramen. Yum!! We paired this with the Samsara Syrah. Loved it. The service was great. I have absolutely no complaints.

• Visited March 2013
Portland, Oregon
“excellent food; service a bit rushed”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had the tasting menu and while the food was top notch the pacing was too brisk. We barely had time to savor one dish before the next one arrived. We wanted a different wine to match the next course but the food arrived before we could ask. Also Halibut was slightly overdone

• Visited February 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Fabulous Dinner”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Celebrated an anniversary by dining at Julienne this weekend and the whole experiece was fantastic. Loved the intimate dining area with the ability to see the kitchen and chefs in action, it was great to meet the owner who was constantly involved with his staff, even bussing tables which showed great enthusiasm and teamwork. The restaurant was very busy but had a great atmosphere, we waited about 15 mins for our table but sat at the small bar to wait so it was fine.
The food was excellent and innovative...loved the Pate toast and my lamb shoulder but in truth eveything looked and tasted great. The Chocolate mousse dessert was a gem and my wife said the Creme Brulee was the best she had tasted....what more can you ask for. Not particularly expensive for the overall experience and and will definately visit again.

• Visited February 2013