“Lovely little place!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Lovely little place!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Location was great! Close enough to the main street to walk and close to the beach. Stayed in the Santa Rosa room, very nice with fireplace, balcony and jacuzzi. Would highly recommend it! Staff seemed friendly. I would stay here again when back in Santa Barbara.

Room Tip: Book the Santa Rosa room!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
surferpaul, General Manager at The Eagle Inn, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you reviewing our hotel. Location is everything and being close to the beach and State St. makes it easy for our guests to walk or ride a bike everywhere. Thanks for staying with us, and I'm glad that you enjoyed your time here. Please do come back.
The Eagle Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband & I stayed here one night, during our PCH trip. It was our first time in a B&B and it was great! The room itself was clean and had great amenities including a Kuerig, which I desperately missed from home. The staff was very nice and recommended a good seafood restaurant for dinner. The breakfast in the morning was great!

The only two downfalls: One, we were in room #221 and in the morning we were awoken to a loud TV at 5am and not to far after that a crying baby. We hadn't heard anything the night before, just at 5am +. Two, the breakfast need bigger coffee cups. The cups they had both to eat in and take out had to have been 4oz cups.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
surferpaul, General Manager at The Eagle Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Well I'm glad that your first B&B experience was with us, and that you enjoyed your stay. We recently put those Keurig coffee machines in the rooms and have been getting great comments about them. I'll see about getting some bigger coffee cups!
Thanks again
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic hotel. The service was warm and friendly, the room (which we had a free upgrade for) was huge and well decorated and the breakfast was delicious.
The Eagle Inn is set just off the beach and in easy walking distance of the Marina (best place to eat) and State Street. I'd advise this hotel over ones on State Street as it's a much nicer and quieter area.

Thanks for a lovely stay Eagle Inn team!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for mentioning how friendly our staff are. We all try really hard to make sure that everyone enjoys their stay here. Our location of being close to the beach and State St. is nice in that you can walk everywhere in ten minutes, yet when you come back to your room it's peaceful and relaxing.
Thanks for your review and thanks for staying with us.
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I spent 4 nights with my wife at the Eagle Inn. It was our first trip to Santa Barbara and we were there over the course of a long weekend.

The Good: Very good location, 5-10 minutes walking to the beach, the Funk Zone and the Amtrak station and less than 30 minutes to most of State Street. The immediate neighborhood of the hotel is also residential which kept our room itself relatively quiet (it's a college town, you have to expect a little noise). Our room was kept very clean and we didn't hear any noise from the neighboring rooms.

The Bad: Nothing.

The So-So: Room was on the small side.

Overall we would absolutely return to the Eagle Inn for our next stay in Santa Barbara.

Room Tip: We booked a Queen and it was a little small. It was never cramped, just cozy. But if you like to bri...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
I'm glad you had the opportunity to stay for a few days, and thank you for writing a review of our hotel. It is so perfect to be only a ten minute walk from State St and the downtown area, and only a couple of blocks to the beach. So close to everything, yet so quiet.
Thank you for coming, hopefully we'll see you again.
CHARLOTTETOWN
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed in the San Miguel Casita for three nights. The room was very clean and spacious with a jacuzzi, kitchen, big bathroom and fireplace. The ladies at the front desk were very helpful. Breakfast was brought to our room and was delicious. We will stay here again!

2 Thank KendraEP
surferpaul, General Manager at The Eagle Inn, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your review. Our staff does try really hard to be friendly and helpful. The San Miguel Casita is one of my favorite rooms too. That whirlpool tub is soooo relaxing!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This was my first stay in SB and I am really happy that I chose the Eagle Inn! Before booking, I read about their great customer service and I was not disappointed (especially Shelley at the front desk who despite having a broken foot went above and beyond to help me on my first day there) The room was cozy, great bathroom and nice views of the hills in the distance. I really enjoyed the breakfast as well, a nice space on the main floor with lots of windows, a private patio for two if you want to eat outside and a choice of two breakfast options which always came with OJ and fresh fruit. I loved the egg casserole with avocado and beans! The location is 2 minutes from the beach and always walking distance to a lot of great restaurants around the corner (we walked one night to Enterprise Fish Co). I really enjoyed taking the cruiser bikes out for the afternoon as well, it's a really fun way to spend the afternoon and it was nice that they were available to us. Oh and let's not forget the fresh chocolate chip cookies every afternoon in the foyer- nice touch!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
surferpaul, General Manager at The Eagle Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for writing such a great review. Shelly will be so happy that you mentioned her. I know she (and all our staff) tries very hard to be helpful and friendly. Her broken foot just makes it a tad harder at the moment. The breakfast you're referring to is Huevos Rancheros. One of my favorites too! Glad you liked the cookies. In fact, I'll go get one now!
Looking forward to your next visit to Santa Barbara and The Eagle Inn.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Reviewed March 16, 2014

B4 getting back into my own grind of life as a B&B owner in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, I wanted to thank the owner Paul, and the kind front desk workers, for offering up such a great spot to operate from. I loved being located so close to the ocean, (just down the street), and within walking distance to local neighborhood restaurants like "Toma" and many others along the pier. I was travelling solo, and enjoyed use of their great bikes, walking through the extraordinarily quaint and beautifully manicured neighborhood gardens, and those lovely "different each day" cookies that were always waiting for me when I arrived home after many days of classes! . What I am still lingering on.... was the absolute silence... I mean divine, uninterrupted sleep with no barking dogs, and surprisingly noiseless streets..... Although this was my first time in Santa Barbara; because of the Eagle Inn, I want to hurry back, and make time for the pool and spa area and as well, more great breakfasts in the cute breakfast room (I only experienced one, as I was picked up way too early each day)! Congratulations on creating a great space for travellers of all kinds. One thing.... They were busy, and full and yet still took the time to make me feel really welcome.. Muchisimos gracias!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fireplace!!! Even tho the weather was stunning... I loved having that first co...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
What a lovely review. Thank you so much for your kind words. I was so happy that you chose us from all the possible hotels in Santa Barbara. Being close to the beach and a few minutes walking distance from State St makes it an ideal, quiet location. Feel free to come visit again. I'll have some cookies waiting for you!