“Wonderful Inn!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago
“Wonderful Inn!”
Reviewed July 2, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Eagle Inn for three nights, June 1-4, 2008. We were in a king jacuzzi room that also had a fireplace and balcony, room 215. The room was exceptionally clean and very spacious. The jacuzzi filled up quickly with great water pressure and the water was always hot. There's nothing worse than a tub that takes an hour to fill with lukewarm water! The fireplace turned on with the flick of a switch; and the balcony overlooked some trees on the side street next to the property. We had no noise issues whatsoever.

A note for computer users, the Inn had free wireless Internet in the rooms, which was always very speed; they also have a computer for guest use in the breakfast room.

We felt the breakfasts were more than adequate with fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries, breads, cereals, milk, juice, and coffee. If something was running low, it was always replenished. It was a nice start to the day and definitely got us through until lunchtime.

The location of the Eagle Inn is Excellent. You can walk to the beach in a few minutes or to the main drag on State Street in about 10 minutes. They have plenty of free parking in their lot and you can park the car and hoof it just about everywhere you'd want to go.

The staff was friendly and helpful, and we especially enjoyed chatting with the night girl, whose name escapes me.

Overall, I would highly recommend the Eagle Inn and would absolutely stay there again in the future. Enjoy!

• Liked — The cleanliness
  • Disliked — There's nothing not to like!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CV724

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Novato
Reviewed July 1, 2008

We stayed in the cottages and they had all kinds of great extras, perfect for honey mooners plus being very private. Beds were very comfortable, real linen sheets I think. The bathrooms were spotlless and new. The location is wonderfully convenient, 1 block from the train station and State Street, 2 blocks from the beach. Everyone was very nice

I wasn't impressed with continental breakfast but it was adequate and I would stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Liked — charming Santa Barbara look, comfort, convenience
  • Disliked — construction next to and across the street from cottages
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed June 23, 2008

I had an amazing day, night and morning at this fine hotel. Nancy, at the reception desk, went the extra mile to make sure that I was happy and comfortable in my room. The rooms are incredibly comfortable and clean. Oh what a good nights sleep I got on the pillowtop bed. The owners pay special attention to every detail, from the tasteful decor, to the appropriately chosen music of Cesaria Evora playing in the breakfast room in the morning. From every corner of this hotel, one will see a perfectly composed vinete (sp?). I took a peek at the grounds behind the Inn where the cottages had been completed and they are perfect for a small family. My visit was solo, without the husband and my son. It was a pre-mother's day getaway gift and this was the best gift they'd ever given me. I enjoyed the room so much that I refused to leave, even for dinner. And lucky me, there was a service that delivered from all of the fine restaurants in town. I had a wonderful feast without even getting out of my bathrobe. I can't say enough about this place and I can't wait to return. What a hidden jewel.

• Liked — The super clean rooms and the tasteful decor. Also, the room was nice and quiet.
  • Disliked — I loved everything.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
manchester
Reviewed June 15, 2008

stayed here two nights in standard room, which was a bit floral for our tastes but perfectly adequate. bathroom was clean and functional. self service breakfast was fine, 2nd day choice of pastries a bit limited.
well located with off street parking.

Stayed May 2008
California
Reviewed June 4, 2008

We stayed at the Inn for the weekend of our daughter's wedding, actually the whole wedding party stayed there. All we can say was amazing, the rooms are beautiful, the staff is great. Our room was a 2 bed queen with a full kitchen and a nice view of the islands. The brides room was a king cottage, just perfect for a bride and her new hubby. I would and will stay again, My daughter and her new husband are already planning for a first anniversary visit. Thank you to Paul and his staff.

• Liked — The beautly of the grounds and decor
  • Disliked — no elevator
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
San Diego, CA
Reviewed May 21, 2008

Spent a wonderful weekend @ The Eagle Inn!
Arrived early (1:30) Friday afternoon. We realized we were early but the manager Paul was very nice & let us know they would have our room ready within an hour. He gave us a map of Santa Barbara & pointed out some good restaurants & how to get to all the points of interest.
We had originally reserved a standard 2 Queen bedroom. We were pleasantly suprised when we were upgraded to a 2 king bedroom with a Kitchen. It was upstairs at the front of the Inn so we had a good ocean breeze coming in the windows. This was a good thing as there was a uncommon heat spell that weekend & the temp got up to 90 degrees on Saturday. There was no AC in the room but with the breeze & the ceiling fan it was very comfortable.
The Inn itself is an old Spanish style house dating back to the 1920's. It has wonderful character & is a pleasant relief from the generic chain hotels. The beds are very comfortable & the bathrooms sufficient. There are flatscreen TV's & a good selection of cable channels as well as a DVD player. Some rooms have big Jacuzzi tubs.
There is an parking lot attached so you dont have to fight for parking on the street. We parked our car & it stayed there until we left. Everything is within walking distance, the beach is 2 blocks away, & the warf about 1/2 mile. You can catch the electric shuttle bus at the warf & it will take you up & down the main drag, State street.
The Inn serves a complimentary continental breakfast every morning at 7:30. It was perfect to start the day. A good selection of fresh fruit (Watermelon, Cantalope, Honeydew, Strawberries, Papaya, & Grapes) Bagles, Pastries, several kinds of cerial, & Yogurt. There was also Regular & Decaf Starbucks coffee as well as various kinds of hot tea & orange juice.
All in all it was a very good experience & I will definitely be staying here the next time I come to town

• Liked — Comfortable, good location, great character, good price
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed April 23, 2008

Found this hotel and booked it after reading all the reviews. As a family of five, I had found it very difficult to find affordable accomodation in Santa Barbara, without having to pay for two separate rooms. This hotel provided a double air bed (for a small charge).

We were allocated a large room, with kitchen,on the ground floor. The room was lovely and also had tv/dvd player. I thought the hotel was a little gem. The continental breakfast was great and I also noticed a computer in the breakfast room. The kids were disappointed not to find a pool however, out of all the hotels we stayed at this one was my personal favorite.

We were with in walkable distance to all the shops and close by to the sea. Would we stay there again - my husband and I would so it is a great place for couples however, with teenagers they expected a swimming pool.

• Liked — decor of room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family