“Sparkling clean, friendly, good location.” 5 of 5 stars

The Eagle Inn
Ranked #3 of 20 Santa Barbara B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
United States
“Sparkling clean, friendly, good location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Pros:

-Well priced for Santa Barbara
-Breakfast included
-Free off-street parking
-Sparkling clean
-Good location
-Friendly staff
-Quiet
-Complimentary tea in the lobby
-Microwave and fridge in the room
-Well appointed and decorated

Cons:
-Really can't think of any!
(OK, so a mirror in the bedroom would have been nice, but that's really minor!)

I found The Eagle Inn by doing research on TripAdvisor, and it didn't let me down.

I would definitely return there or recommend it to friends.

It is within walking distance of shops and restaurants in the Harbor and State Street. We basically parked our car in the free lot and walked everywhere. (I recommend the FisHouse and Brophy Brothers for eats!)

The complimentary breakfast changed each day and offered things like spinach quiche, bagel & locks, yogurt & granola and fruit bowls with OJ and a choice of custom coffee drinks.

This establishment is very organized. They seem to run their business well. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

One note, the desk is not manned overnight and you use your key to get into the lobby.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We chose a standard room that came with everything we needed...fridge, microwave, flat-screen, 2-hea...
1 Thank lwew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Granite Bay, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

The eagle inn is located just far enough away from shoreline drive so you do not hear the traffic, but the beach, harbor and state street are all within walking distance. We stayed two nights in the Anacapa cottage which was a delightful little room with attached bath and coffeemaker area. It was very clean and the staff was unobtrusive but available. Would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank mommyclaire
Newbury Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I surprised my husband with a trip to The Eagle Inn for his birthday. I had never stayed there before and was hoping it was as nice as the pictures showed. It was not only gorgeous, but totally exceeded my expectaions. Every last detail was first class from rose petals on the whirlpool tub to breakfast delivered in a baket! The free use of the bikes was great and so fun! I highly recommend the Eagle Inn!

• 3 of 5 stars
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed at the Eagle Inn for the 2011 Santa Barbara marathon. The king room with whirlpool was amazing - so large and well appointed!

The hotel is in a great location, close enough to walk everywhere but off the main streets so it's really quiet.

The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. Definitely my new B&B / hotel of choice in Santa Barbara.

Two minor things to consider when staying here...

First, my room (210, I believe) was directly above the breakfast room. Not an issue at all for me since I'm an early riser. But you can hear chairs moving around from the morning diners. The room is amazing but if you want to sleep in, you might check for another room.

Second, if the hotel parking lot is full, pay attention to the parking signs before parking on the street. There was a lot of available street parking but I got a ticket because I didn't read the parking sign closely enough. NOT the Eagle Inn's fault in any way, just a comment for visitors. Probably is the same everywhere in Santa Barbara.

Room Tip: Room 210 is amazing - a corner room that's very large. However it is directly above the breakfas...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

The Eagle Inn is fantastic, heavenly, and simply an amazing hotel to stay in! The minute I step into my room, I feel like I am in another world - a fantasy, heavenly world! Everything in the hotel room just has this perfect feel of theme, luxurious, AND coziness to it. The beautiful, comfortable bed, the bubble bath bath tub, the fireplace, ... it just goes on and on and on! At the breakfast table, they have fresh fruits, juice, tea, coffee for starter every morning, and every morning, you get to have a different main dish selection so you will never get tired of the same food when you have extended stays there.
I have revisited so frequently because I just can't get enough of Eagle Inn. Eagle Inn truly adds to my experience to my visits to Santa Barbara! And it's an easy walk right to the beach!
It's romantic for couples, and it's cozy for singles, and great for a family. I have visited with my boyfriend as well as solo, and I am looking forward to taking my family there to share withe them the amazing and wonderful experience I have had at the Eagle Inn! Thanks, Eagle Inn!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Great location. Helpful staff. Great room. We had the cottage in the back. Luxury at base price. We were there midweek, off season which put it in our price range.

• Stayed November 2011
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We had originally booked in somewhere else but changed to the Eagle Inn at the last minute, and so glad we did. We were on honeymoon on a road trip up the coast to San Fran and were looking for friendly local accomodation. W couldn't have asked for better. We were given a free upgrade to a fabulous room in celebration of our honeymoon and our host could not have been more helpful in answering our questions about the area and we made good use of the free bike rentals they offer. The inn itself is beautifully kept in a Spanish style, breakfast was really tasty and changes every day but is always kicked off with a bowl of fresh fruit. The walk to the main drag of State Street is maybe 10 minutes max and only 2 minutes to the beach. We found the walk into the main part of town really nice each evening and during the day it was great to explore the area on the bikes, we can definitely recommend going to see the Mission at the far end of town, just beautiful. It may be worth noting that while there is accomodation along state st, we definitely preferred the quieter location of the Eagle Inn - you should also make a trip to the Brewhouse bar/restaurant just a few mins walk from the Inn, they have zillions of real ales to try and fantastic food and a great way to people watch and let Santa Barbara soak you up. The free parking, lovely staff, immaculate rooms all at a great price make the Eagle Inn a hard place to beat if you are staying in Santa Barbara

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple