My husband and I have been staying at this historic hotel, which is composed of several houses of varying sizes, several times a year for the past eight years. It is very warm and charming. Lovely fireplace in the lobby, and some rooms also have working fireplaces. Rose gardens, adirondack chairs, and a gazebo are in the garden. Breakfast buffet is lovely; wine and cheese are served in the evening; oreos and milk before bed. The rooms range widely in price and quality so be sure to discuss what you are looking for with the reservation agent. Don't miss the restaurant as it is one of the best in town. Great spot for a wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara