I arrived in town quite late on June 29th and checked into the Upham around 11 pm. When I arrived in the room it was approximately ninety degrees inside. Considering a shower and cool off I discovered that I did not have any towels in the bathroom. After calling the front desk three times, I had to dress and leave my room to request towels personally. Your office staff did accommodate my request. The following morning at approximately 7:30 am I awoke to the sound of a weed whacker trimming the hedge immediately outside the door of my room. After thirty minutes of trying to sleep through the noise I gave up and went to breakfast. The weed whacking continued through the rest of the morning until I checked out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara