Too many problems for this price!
We were told that we were "upgraded" to a bigger room in the main house. It was just above the kitchen. The restaurant noise went on until 11:30 PM.
The second night we were moved to an quieter room. The shower water temperature fluctuated and the water pressure was weak.
The bed was hard.
They should have a no-smoking policy on the premise. The kitchen staff loved to smoke outside of our window.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara