If quaint and charming were all that was required of a B&B, this would absolutely fit the bill. However, as with other independent accommodations, there are usually issues in the maintenance department, to include trying to get by with equipment that, while not non-functioning, really should be replaced. At the Upham, the window AC units are quite loud (thankfully not needed all that much), and some of the furnishings and soft goods, while they fit with the old-timey ambiance, are just downright worn and used. The breakfast was nice, as was taking it on the patio (more outdoor seating with tables would be great, since it's so beautiful!). Parking was difficult, so I was inclined to walk where I could so as not to have to troll for a space upon my return. While I enjoyed this facility, I will likely try another when back in Sta Barbara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara