The Upham Hotel was the first hotel in Santa Barbara. It has been updated with all modern conveniences but still has the charm and ambiance of an historic building. There is a nice patio and garden to spend time on a nice day. Louie's is the restaurant on site and serves fabulous food. Our room was the smallest and cheapest but we loved it. We had our own small patio and private entrance. The room was small but very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. There was a simple but filling continental breakfast and lovely sitting areas to eat in. We would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara