This place is just a few blocks from State street but quiet and peaceful. We stayed there twice and both time we were very happy with our stays. They serve pretty good selection of continental breakfast. There were several kinds of juices, cereals, yogurt, bunch of yummy pastries. In the late afternoon, they have wine reception with red and white wine with cheese spread & crackers. You can sit in the beautiful garden while having breakfast or wine. The room is good size and clean. I love their bed and pillows, so comfortable. Staff was nice and friendly. I'll definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and HRS so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara